Re-evaluating

Socialpro29

Socialpro29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been really critical of my game as of recent, I recently have experienced a huge downswing and the loss of my BR and I am in the process of rebuilding. I am trying to take a more self aware approach to strengthen my game and become a solid player. Up to this point I have made large leaps in my game and my understanding of it but recently realized how far away I am from being a true solid player and I am still closer to the rookie level then I am the elite despite the large amount of playing time I have put in the last year. The loss of my BR can be contributed to the variance of the game to some degree but I have to be honest with myself and a large contributing factor is bad play, irrational fear, over-confidence, etc, etc, etc. I would truly like to become an elite tournament player as I really enjoy the competition, critical thinking/reasoning, range assignment, position awareness, and all the other complex parts that it brings. I have yet to cash in a big money tourney worth talking about. I want to achieve a goal of 15%-20% ITM finishes that the average PRO is typically achieving and want to understand what it is they are doing that is different from what I am doing. I watch so much content, I read a vast amount of published material, and try very hard to implement strategy that I understand into my game and continue to study the material I dont. Prior to this downswing I have had some success and have definetly had marked improvement but I am missing something, I know I am I just cant seem to put finger on it. What is stopping me from breaking through the threshold of mediocrity? What is one area of my game that I can focus on that will give me an edge? I have watched a few twitch streams of some fairly well known poker players and have witnessed them losing in similar spots as I have, making the same type of moves that I also wouuld make but as I said above I cant pinpoint that xfactor that propels them into winning these bigger tourneys. Part of me believes that there is something to do with the buyin levels I currently have to play and the larger amount of weaker players that dont care or worry about game dynamics and only care about their 2 cards but then I say to myself that this shouldnt matter and I need to be able to beat these levels before i can even concieve of being sucessful at the higher levels. I am determined to find a way to get where I want to be. I am trying not to be results oriented and focus on whether I made the right decisions regardless of W/L as tough as this can be when losing means losing money