Question about Rebuys

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd have to disagree with this.

The idea of a rebuy tournament is to accumulate chips more so than a freeze out because we can never bust out. We shouldn't be entering a tournament if we are prepared to fire several bullets. Given people do play a lot more LAG and ranges widen massively we should be taking every coin flip nearly and possibly even some slightly -EV calls which you would fold in a freeze out with the chance of building out stack.

i understand, but investing too much in rebuys too build a decent stack is a loosing startegy on a long term, i would prefer to be very-tight in a non turbo rebuy tournament, medium tight in a turbo one, so it will be more successful strategy on a long term

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i understand, but investing too much in rebuys too build a decent stack is a loosing startegy on a long term, i would prefer to be very-tight in a non turbo rebuy tournament, medium tight in a turbo one, so it will be more successful strategy on a long term

Interesting.

What is your reasoning you think that?

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi just want to hear anyone opinion or answer about Rebuys...

How much or how many rebuys are you willing to spend in 1 tournament ? and why is that ??

Thanks hope hear and learn on your answers....

It depends on the tournament. There is tournament where the starting chips are 2000 rebuy 2000 but the addon 75000. So many players rebuy a lot to get in addon period when the tournament actually starts...and there are tourneys where addon is small...
I usually dont rebuy much, when I "feel" it's not my tourney... :)
Addon needs to be bought. So you have to note, that the rebuy tourneys cost at least 3 times of the buyin.

S

scooba13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you'd asked me a week ago I'd have said my limit was 2 - figuring that the first bust out could just be bad luck and that if I'm playing OK then the tournament might still be profitable. But the other day I rebought 4 times in to a micro stud eight or better just because I was having so much fun playing and learning the game. The other players had fun taking all my chips and I enjoyed the poker.

L

love that omaha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 rebuys one add on max - generally they have a very fast structure and people who accumulate a lot of chips. The value in rebuys is letting the other players build a nice prizepool for you but you should have at least 2 extra bullets plus yr initial buy in due to the likelihood of many multi-way pots early on and the possibility you can build a monster stack if your premium hands hold.

C

cyclone45

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on my br...if i have $20 with a 2.75 toiurney yes i'll do the rebuy..even the $5

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always take the addon if it is available. For rebuys, if I bust out early and I had a bad beat, I buy again. However, if I'm playing terrible poker I just quit the tournament.

If the average stack is too high, I am not rebuying because I don't want to waste money and then get eaten alive by blinds & antes.
---
Rebuys are awesome though! More money going to the total prize pool! Just don't be that person constantly adding to the prize pool LOL.

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For most players (new and not professional with small bankroll) I would tell to keep rebuys at minimum and play tight, but try to take good value out of loose players by playing tight-aggressively. I would also advice to keep rebuying until add-on, if it gives (clearly) more chips for same amount of money than rebuy/buy-in.

In general, I would never take rebuy at the beginning of tournament / double rebuy unless it is somewhat special event like: 1) rebuy gives more chips than buy-in, 2) there's overlay / added prizes, 3) there's drunken Finnish player shoving big stack in every hand.

Ducbim

Ducbim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think rebuy is the best format for tournament players because they have to pay much less fee per average buy-in. you can also build a huge stack in the 1st hour of the tourney thanks to loose players. I always want to stay until the end of the rebuy period to make the add-on. Most of my profit comes from rebuy tourneys.

Y

YouPay4MyCrack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel they are a waste of money, seeing how I usually target those people and continuously take their chips until they finally do not re-buy. I took one guys chips 4 times from him making ignorant moves, then he finally stopped and stayed out.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel they are a waste of money, seeing how I usually target those people and continuously take their chips until they finally do not re-buy. I took one guys chips 4 times from him making ignorant moves, then he finally stopped and stayed out.
So, you stacked a guy 4x, 3x more than you would've in a regular tournament and they're a waste of money? That sounds like a sweet deal to me...

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rebuys, it depends on the amount and how well you did before you need to rebuy. I like to rebuy once and do the add on maybe even register late and just add on.. all depends on how much of a roll you have..

Fahrenheit451

Fahrenheit451

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarzar78

Interesting.

What is your reasoning you think that?

If you play online then simple mathematics.
So you re-buy, say 4 times in one tournament.
For this money you can play 5 tourneys fresh from start and get more blinds for your buck. How much more, depends on how lately you make your re-buys.
Re-buy just helps you get faster to table and not wait till next tourney.
If you play B&M then of course transportation comes into account.

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, you need to know if you have AT LEAST 3 buy ins for yourself. You will need at least one add on when it becomes eligible and those are normally over the original re buy chips. So look at your buy in and see if you can afford it. Don't put too much pressure on yourself because this is considered cheap than Live tournaments. So consider this as "training". Take this online opportunity to save gas and see thousands of more hands. lol

Z

zuliks114

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont play in rebuys because there they are to agressive anf going all in whut middle hands

J

JamesMoroski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much money should you put into a rebuy

Well I basically allow whatever the MIN CASH is for the amount i want to spend on a rebuy. Now if it is a 5 Dollar game i generally reserve 20-25 dollars to invest in it although i usually dont have to spend that much. Heres the other side if your Rolled up and have thousands in your account and are playing a 3 dollar rebuy then all bets are off you can put as much as you want in there in order to play super loose and get a huge stack before the addon.

K

Karametric

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've done a rebuy once. it didn't go well.

Generally speaking I find it a bad idea, actually rather akin to late registration. Why spend money to get into a tournament later, with what is likely a shortstack, when you have already have proven the people have the skill to take you out (Unless you had a bad beat.)

Why not just start a different tournament without these disadvantages?

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rebuy poker play mainly from a good prize structure. so that you can and invest but you may come in prizes already earn good money.

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In such tournaments come in right at the beginning .If you go, it's good. I take most 2-3 rebuy the at an early stage.

K

kworm2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is +EV to rebuy when it is going to stop rebuying. it is suport from the theroy of the maths.

LinkornU

LinkornU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I join to those who say that an advantage of rebuy tournaments is that you have an opportunity to build up a solid stack since a lot of guys shove with weak cards, knowing they can rebuy.
If a enter a rebuy tournament I usually rebuy once or twice and then I quit.

S

stefan111173

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
stefan731111

At 888 before the rebuy is gone ther is always 2 players at each table that gets everythig dosent matter what you have thay win . only for ceep the rebuy going !!!

grzech

grzech

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi just want to hear anyone opinion or answer about Rebuys...

How much or how many rebuys are you willing to spend in 1 tournament ? and why is that ??

Thanks hope hear and learn on your answers....

I recently played in a tournament micromilions entrances of re-entry, where the entrance had to pay a 4.40 - I bought only one entrance at my stupid error and immediately after a few hands I had such a good hand qq and tripled _ heheh - in such tournaments these few top-ups worth and do not be put off, if you have the opportunity to buy
Are also typical of tournaments where the rebuys are already widespread - such tournaments usually do not participate because there is a bingo game pointless - every hand goes all in - so I kinda do not like those tournaments where there are unlimited rebuys for example, the $ 2 - a lot can lose - a guarantee of any __ heheh hehe:cool: