Question about big stacks in tournaments

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I have a problem with the game at the beginning of the tournament and with a large stack!!!
With the average, I feel like everything is fine!!!
Can you give me some stack tips at the beginning of the tournament!!!
And who plays with a big stack!!!

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Can you describe what kind of problems you have when playing with a big stack?

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Learn to play Cash. The beginning of an MTT plays almost like a cash game if you have around 100BB( and deeper of course ), maybe even down to 75BB.

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Чи можете ви описати, які у вас проблеми, коли граєте з великим стеком?
When I get a big banrol, I start playing almost every handout... Unfortunately for me...

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Oh ok. You just have to tighten up some and be patient. You can do it! Good luck!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
when a tournament starts and everyone has a lot of chips, just open a lot of chips to make more profit later, try to play fewer and fewer discoveries only with strong hands and try not to play a lot and don't lose a lot of chips on stupid hands that you should avoid

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In the beginning I had the same problem as you, until I started to see players talking about that problem, and the solution is to have balance centered on a range of hands according to position and for that you must see or form a table of hands in a solver .

That is, to cite an example. You are fortunate enough to double your BB at the beginning of a tournament, that is, everyone starts with 100 BB and you already have the advantage of playing with double 200 BB, the question is, what is the need to start playing junk hands? ???
When I refer to this, I don't mean that you want to play an A4s in a certain position and an opponent three-bets you in another position and you pay to see a flop. But what I mean is that you double a hand in BB and the next hand you have a J7o out of position and you want to play it to be able to double with luck again.

That's why I think the main favor that needs to be eliminated in a tournament is ANXIETY.

With patience and a bit of luck sometimes, you will get a hand again that you can bet big on, and maybe be able to double up again or increase your stack.

The vast majority of the tournaments that I have even won in my life, like those in which I have obtained very good results, I can assure you that the best strategy is to fold when you should fold. You save a lot of BBs that you could win later by doubling with good hands.

Greetings:):):)

Saul2025

Saul2025

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Did you try to change your view to BB (not chips).
It cools down emotions at all.

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I agree with everything written above.
Additionals if you don't like to play with 100BB just go in on the first hand for 75BB and fold to any aggression, you will have 25BB left and then you will feel comfortable ;)