Pros and Cons of starting MTT right at the beginning vs. waiting Late reg. ending

C

CrushAce8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would like to hear your opinion about this one:

Is it better to start MTT right at the get-go or to wait until the very last minute of late registration? How would you evaluate the Pros and Cons of these two scenarios?

Thanks y’all!

Lupus

Lupus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends on how long late reg is.
Start early

Pros
play big stacks. Mistakes aren't as problematic
Cons
Wait up to 3+ hours for late reg to finish

Start late
Pros
No waiting for late reg.
There are times you can be Itm shortly after late reg ends
Cons
Short stacked
Mistakes must be kept to minimum
Must double up soon to usually continue

Just a few of my thoughts

P

pokerguy79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ABSOLUTELY!!

And it also depends on what site you are playing on like for instance America’s card room, those damn tournaments are so long I think we’re about to wrap up a MTT that started in 2003 and we should be close to wrapping it up by April 14, 2022. I mean it’s so long there it’s ridiculous and I guess they’re trying to make sure they hit the guarantee and that’s why they’re able to offer those big tournaments. But often times when you jump in before the ending like say if you just start out from the beginning, and as you’re continuing to play from the beginning Until there’s not much time left and you will see that if you jump in at the end of the tournament and a walk real quick do you still have the same amount everybody else does or more he started from the beginning. When you jump in to the beginning there’s too much back-and-forth of money. You’ll take a hand then you’ll get taken and then you’ll take a hand and then you’ll get taken and by the time all that aside and then you might as well jumped in at the end and saved three hours of your life especially in America Cardroom. Then they try to act like they do fast tournaments that will be 30 levels of late registration with three minute blinds which is still quite a long tournaments and yeah it’s a little better than the others but When you think of a hyper tournament do you think about it ending really quickly not like two or three hours.

C

CrushAce8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feedback and ideas guys!

I’m still somewhere in the middle myself. For the most of the time I start early. But as @Lupus said it somewhat depends on how long the late reg. period is.

@Pokerguy79: Those America’s Card Room MTT late reg. times seem quite crazy! Never played there, so hard to comment more specifically…

I

italohw

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pros e contras do registro tardio

Particularmente prefixo iniciar o MTT com registro tardio logo no início, pois o blind estar pequeno e temos mais chances de crescer o stack mesmo cometendo alguns erros.
Iniciar no fim do registro tardio você começa pressionado e se cometer qualquer erro você cai do torneio com facilidade

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends the type of MTT. In a PKO, for example, is too advantage start early because is easier to get some bounties

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Is it better to start MTT right at the get-go or to wait until the very last minute of late registration? How would you evaluate the Pros and Cons of these two scenarios?

Thanks y’all!

My own personal opinion.
Registering at the beginning to take advantage of less skilled players to build a large stack far outweighs any benefits of registering late.

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it all depends on how many bullets I'm willing to fire. If I'm entering early the goal is to ride out that one bullet as long as possible to build a stack. If I'm max late registering a tournament I have to be okay with firing two, maybe even three bullets to build up a short stack. Mirco and low stakes I don't mind max late registering. With higher stakes my bank roll doesn't allow me to fire more than two bullets at the moment.

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cons for entering late Late Reg. Your stacks will just be few blinds. Sometimes your stacks will just be enough for 1 big blind. So you need to win 3 next hand to stay alive longer!

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, the chances of winning primarily depend on your skills, experience and luck. But in general, I think that the sooner we register, the better we have the conditions for the game and victory.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thanks y’all!
Benefits of late check-in Entering an online tournament 1-2 hours after it starts, the player gets a significant advantage over his opponents - he enters the game fresh and unexhausted with a large number of played hands, which can improve the quality of his game. Consequently, he will have far fewer hands left to play before hitting the prize zone, which means that theoretically he will be less likely to lose before that. By quickly doubling once and then again, the player has a very good chance of hitting the cash zone. This is where the advantages of late registration in tournaments end
Cons of late check-in The most obvious downside of entering tournaments late is the rather short stack, only 10-20BB or even less. Because of this, the cost of each mistake increases, and the player has little time to wait for a good hand and go all-in. It is not always possible to wait for this, and he has to go all-in with a not very strong hand - the blinds are already high and it is impossible to fold further.

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pros and cons

Cons.... if there's a rake back promo that requires early registration ie before the start of the tournament. Con... sometimes it's nice to just sit back and let the cards slap your harder than Will Smith. Pros if your strapped for time, pro not much thinking required if your mid tournament with under 10 bigs grip it and rip it.

C

CrushAce8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys for all the opinions and arguments given in this thread! It’s nice to hear differing viewpoints and facilitates one’s thinking!

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The beginning of the tournament is a waste of time, I always go to the tournament at the end of the late registration.I double or fly out, but I save time))