Progressive KO Poker

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many rooms where this type of game can be played which offers many advantages if another player is eliminated, what would be a good strategy that allows a beginning player to obtain profits?:confused:

Sariane

Sariane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many rooms where this type of game can be played which offers many advantages if another player is eliminated, what would be a good strategy that allows a beginning player to obtain profits?:confused:
boooooa, i also want to know a lot. I'm a beginner and I find this tournament very interesting and profitable

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

For whatever KO game military strategy is always more useful than police one ...

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I love this modality I would like to find a study guide for this modality and improve or take a quality leap thanks

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The deeper the stage of the tournament, the higher the rewards. When there are multiple tables remaining in the game, the rewards for knocking out some players exceed the original 10 buy-ins. This noticeably affects the activity of opponents - if a player with such a bounty has a small stack, each opponent wants to knock him out. The biggest knockout awards are played at the final table. The winner gets the most, because he receives awards for both the opponent and himself. In some tournaments, it turns out that the winner gets knockouts as much or even more than he is supposed to from the main prize pool.

KidCarter93

KidCarter93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the early stages of a knockout tournament the best strategy is to play quite tight. There's no need to go mental early as the bounties are still small and not worth overly hunting. Your chipstack is much more important. You will probably see a lot of players going crazy in the early stages as they do like to hunt the bounties but don't get drawn into their game. An upside is that they can often lose a big portion of their chips with bad hands and then you can have an opportunity to maybe get their bounty without risking too much of your stack to get it.

If you have a good stack as you get near the bubble/just into the money then this is also a great time to put some pressure on the smaller stacks and hopefully get bounties here as well.

As mentioned previously, as you get deeper into the tournament the bounties will be a lot bigger so it can be worth playing a little looser to try and get those bigger bounties. I'd suggest paying attention to what kinda hands everyone is playing though (this applies to every type of tournament but even more in knockouts) as you will then be able to realise how loose you can play against certain players in order to try and get their bounties

S

Shay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The deeper the stage of the tournament, the higher the rewards. When there are multiple tables remaining in the game, the rewards for knocking out some players exceed the original 10 buy-ins. This noticeably affects the activity of opponents - if a player with such a bounty has a small stack, each opponent wants to knock him out. The biggest knockout awards are played at the final table. The winner gets the most, because he receives awards for both the opponent and himself. In some tournaments, it turns out that the winner gets knockouts as much or even more than he is supposed to from the main prize pool.
Welllll part of the GTD is the knockout

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest with you PKO is not the best formats for beginners, because its more complex. Its better to start with regular tournaments and develop a solid strategy to beat them. If you have that, its pretty easy to learn the adjustments, which you need to make when playing PKOs. And of course its mainly to simply be aware of the bounties and when they are worth fighting for. Maybe its easier to illustrate with an example:

UTG has knocked out some players and accumulated a big bounty, but a few hands ago he got unlucky and lost most of his chips. He only have 8BB left, and now he has moved all-in. It folds around to you in HJ, and you look down on AQo with a 50BB stack. Two of the players behind are also deep with 41BB and 71BB respective. In a normal tournament you should call and leave yourself an option to fold, if someone behind you jam. But in a PKO you should move all-in to try and isolate UTG and give yourself the best chance to win his bounty.

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing with PKOs is that whilst the strategies can differ from regular MTTs realistically any major changes in decision making shouldn't really come into effect until later in the tournament when ICM factors will change due to the higher bounties, often the bounty head prices being higher than the next 2 or 3 pay jumps can alter your decision making somewhat.

In the early to mid stages of a PKO as a beginner you should just look to play as you would in any regular MTT and let the bounties take care of themselves imo.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like this kind of poker, yes, in such a tournament you can quickly win a little money on knocking out players, but to win a lot of money you need to take only the first place, and the player who takes second place gets four times the winnings. I once took second place in such a tournament and was upset when I got a win, I forgot about the total bounty for all players who will get first place.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like this kind of poker, yes, in such a tournament you can quickly win a little money on knocking out players, but to win a lot of money you need to take only the first place, and the player who takes second place gets four times the winnings. I once took second place in such a tournament and was upset when I got a win, I forgot about the total bounty for all players who will get first place.

Both pokerstars and 888 Poker have actually changed the payout structure of most of their PKOs, so that the winner and runner up now get essentially the same price. This mean, that heads up you are now only fighting for the last bounty money, and this makes the total payouts more similar to a normal MTT.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both PokerStars and 888 Poker have actually changed the payout structure of most of their PKOs, so that the winner and runner up now get essentially the same price. This mean, that heads up you are now only fighting for the last bounty money, and this makes the total payouts more similar to a normal MTT.
I didn't know that, thank you. :)

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both PokerStars and 888 Poker have actually changed the payout structure of most of their PKOs, so that the winner and runner up now get essentially the same price. This mean, that heads up you are now only fighting for the last bounty money, and this makes the total payouts more similar to a normal MTT.
Yes I have noticed this the 1st and 2nd place usually same payout bar a few $. 1st place however takes the bounty from 2nd place and also keeps their own bounty so in reallity they win significantly more than 2nd overall.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1st place however takes the bounty from 2nd place and also keeps their own bounty so in reallity they win significantly more than 2nd overall.

Yes that is exactly the point. With the traditional payout structure the winner usually took home about twice as much as the runner up, which is rather extreme and increase variance. Oddly enough PokerStars have kept such a structure for their "big" series of tournaments though, and I am not a fan of this. The "bigs" dont have bounties, but if the winner takes for instance 500$, the runner up only get around 250$. I hope, they will also change that at some point in the future :)

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
is my favorite type of poker right now

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying this type of game on the PS's $1.5 but I'm having some difficulty getting something out of it, contrary to the regular ones. I think I better get to study more then.

xurek

xurek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K.O is very good even you can take the prize, better than the tournament prize sometimes

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

for example, the size of the buy-in is assumed for a knockout. Seeing such a player at their table, many begin to play specifically against him, enter the trash hands in the hope of catching the nuts and knocking out the opponent. But this tactic will not always bring success, as a rule, you will be knocked out yourself, and the professional will take your chips and continue playing. How much could you have won if you hadn't been chasing these knockouts? Much more, since the prize pool of such tournaments is much larger than the buy-in.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KO poker is a very difficult type of poker. I believe it contains a large number of aggressive and stupid players who are ready to do anything to get a reward for your knocking out. Of course, you can also knock them out, but it is very difficult to be in a big plus at a long distance, because I think this type of poker is very prone to luck. It is impossible to constantly make a profit, so in the end you will often lose.

Especially for a novice player, this type of poker is not the best option for the game. If you want to start a short study of poker, start by playing sit&go with up to 100 players. This is a good experience and in my opinion there are very few " bad " players :) This type of tournament really allows you to have fun and most importantly, to have a profit over a long distance :) I think this is the best solution for a beginner. Good luck)

KidCarter93

KidCarter93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KO poker is a very difficult type of poker. I believe it contains a large number of aggressive and stupid players who are ready to do anything to get a reward for your knocking out. Of course, you can also knock them out, but it is very difficult to be in a big plus at a long distance, because I think this type of poker is very prone to luck. It is impossible to constantly make a profit, so in the end you will often lose.

Especially for a novice player, this type of poker is not the best option for the game. If you want to start a short study of poker, start by playing sit&go with up to 100 players. This is a good experience and in my opinion there are very few " bad " players :) This type of tournament really allows you to have fun and most importantly, to have a profit over a long distance :) I think this is the best solution for a beginner. Good luck)
While I agree that sit&go's are good practice for novice players I'd say that knockouts are more ideal for beginner players really.
Our profits in poker come from beating worse players. If the players in knockout tournaments are worse players then surely you should want to play against them more often. Yes, the variance will be slightly higher as people will call loose for bounties sometimes but it simply means that you should have a better hand than them more often so most of the time you'll be turning a profit.