Problem with the beginning of the tournaments

A

AlanCAF

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play too many hands preflop but i must say semi suited connectors are a big fan of my early in tournaments when the blinds are small... maybe even a small raise to mask your hand.

Thanks jop I'll try your technique on a tournament!

A

AlanCAF

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be very tempting to start playing mediocre hands when you're not getting premium hands. And yes this happens a lot more than you think. The best thing to do is wait it out and maybe see a cheap flop with suited connectors like 67 or better.

If you're not patient you end up losing your stack little by little a lot faster than if you had just waited. If you hand comes along and you have less than 10BB left well, just shove with any 2 cards and hope for the best.

Thanks HennieP I'll try to play more suited connectors!

A

AlanCAF

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem with freerolls at beginning. I start to realized that if I play all in with a premium hand and double mi chip count, it's easier to play and catch de bubble

Thanks Emi!

Y

Yoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usual pay alot of blinds in start of tournament until lvl 3 isnt a pain for me to pay them still dont follow the cards to much in 2 3 hands you can be out of game;))

HennieP

HennieP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks HennieP I'll try to play more suited connectors!

Just keep in mind you want to play them in position (button or cut-off) and you definitely don't want to get into the pot with them if you have a bunch of people raising and re-raising in front of you. I find that a lot of people tend to limp or min raise in online tournaments so when that happens take a peek at the flop with those connectors. Also, hands like T8 and J9 are NOT connectors and have a far less chance of getting you paid than say JT or T9.

See the flop cheap and get out if you miss. Oh, and never go for a gut-shot draw because you only have a 8% chance at best to get your missing card on the turn.

J

jop0411

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unless that gutshot may already be good or u think I have two overs that would make a hand for an additional 6 outs. Back door flush draws can be nice for the turn to possibly pull off a semi bluff as well!

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait for good hands and play aggressively to get the maximum chips out of that hand.