Poker tells

akhilbansal

akhilbansal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Poker tells are tricky and I need to be double sure before trusting with big chunk of my stack on the physical tell. Few tells that I have observed to be sure that I can rely on -
1. If someone bets with shaking fingers... they mostly have it. At times it might be a sign of player not used to bluffing, trying to bluff.
2. If player acts too soon (compared to his average response time)... its pre-meditated and mostly a bluff. If you have blockers and higher flips, go for it.
3. If someone (who you know is not a newbie) tries to act like accidental raise... time to get alert.

What are your confirm tells that you trust?

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker tells are tricky and I need to be double sure before trusting with big chunk of my stack on the physical tell. Few tells that I have observed to be sure that I can rely on -
1. If someone bets with shaking fingers... they mostly have it. At times it might be a sign of player not used to bluffing, trying to bluff.
2. If player acts too soon (compared to his average response time)... its pre-meditated and mostly a bluff. If you have blockers and higher flips, go for it.
3. If someone (who you know is not a newbie) tries to act like accidental raise... time to get alert.

What are your confirm tells that you trust?
I only play online, so such indicators are not relevant for me. I only play online, watch my opponents play, sometimes take notes, and always try to be focused and patient.

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I'm at an online tournament, I like to closely observe the playing patterns of my opponents. This is a key strategy to gain an advantage over them. I keep an eye on your pre-flop betting, your post-flop betting trends, and your check-raise or check-call decisions.

In addition, I try to identify if a player is more aggressive or passive, if he bluffs frequently, or if he is more conservative. I also take into account the size of your bets in relation to the pot and your previous hands.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree with your note about fast acting is usually a bluff, but I would not put too much on a physical tell. It's more about the story they are telling and if their actions add up or not.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i dont try to spot online tells . i prefer to push preflop and pray !

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice post! it would be interesting to see what have you observed regarding tell playing online, there are many as well specially when you've been playing enough online games!

Poker Tells