choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
On multi table tournaments, what do you think is the best place to start out? I.e. number of players per table - 2, 4, 6, 8 9?

When honing your skills and improving is it better smaller tables(2 or 4) or bigger(8 or 9)

I guess the majority have bigger tables - just wondering if it's worth trying on the smaller tables first? Or stick to the bigger tables?

Thanks,

Virat

rvicente13

rvicente13

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I never thought that way, I find it easier to play in classic mode against 9 players

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the more players at the table, the longer the game takes and thus you will learn more to understand poker at small tables actively play where there are few people and you will not learn

M

Maximum

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 6-players tournaments ,but i am playing all :) Only HU tournaments i do not play .

J

JohnBlack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think there is greater variety in bigger tables and i find them a better choice when it comes to learning for newbies. Just try alternatives and see what suites you best.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The less people at the table, the more experience is needed. so for a beginner, you need to start 8 max or 9

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I started playing tournaments at Foxwoods they were using ten player tables. During Covid I began playing up in New Hampshire and they were using six players. Now it looks like the ones I play in CT and NH are all 9 player. Personally I like the larger tables for hold'em because that means I can play more hands without having to put up blinds, and maybe antes as well. More chances to win without having to pay.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I started playing tournaments at Foxwoods they were using ten player tables. During Covid I began playing up in New Hampshire and they were using six players. Now it looks like the ones I play in CT and NH are all 9 player. Personally I like the larger tables for hold'em because that means I can play more hands without having to put up blinds, and maybe antes as well. More chances to win without having to pay.

It's a great way to think.

rvicente13

rvicente13

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, I have the same feeling. When there are few players there is a lot of bluffing and little action.. you end up losing a lot with the ante waiting for a good hand to play

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
the more players at the table, the easier it is to play, and the longer you keep your pot. And when there are few people, you need to think more, because the game goes faster there and the bank melts faster.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
On multi table tournaments, what do you think is the best place to start out? I.e. number of players per table - 2, 4, 6, 8 9?

When honing your skills and improving is it better smaller tables(2 or 4) or bigger(8 or 9)

I guess the majority have bigger tables - just wondering if it's worth trying on the smaller tables first? Or stick to the bigger tables?

Thanks,

Virat
I have been playing poker for about 5 years, and I started playing straight away at 9 player tables. Since then, I have been playing like that, that is, 95% of all tournaments in which I participate are tournaments with tables for 9 players. I think this is the most common type of tournaments and therefore it is the most relevant.

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have been playing poker for about 5 years, and I started playing straight away at 9 player tables. Since then, I have been playing like that, that is, 95% of all tournaments in which I participate are tournaments with tables for 9 players. I think this is the most common type of tournaments and therefore it is the most relevant.
Yeah I agree with you, think it's the most fun as well!

B

BurnTurnRun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
More players give you more time to be selective about your starting range.

I prefer 9 handed to play tight for the first few levels and get a feel for the table and my opponents.

Short handed 6 or less you have to be a little looser with your starting range and play your position more often than the cards.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For beginners tables with 8-9 players are best, because they reward a tight style of playing, where you will be in less complicated spots with some sort of mediocre hand like top pair bad kicker, second pair or even A high. At the opposite side of the spectrum the worst format for beginners is heads-up.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depending on who likes what tables, I'd rather play in a 6 Max tournament than in a tournament where there are 9 people at the table, when I just started playing these tables with 9 people I didn’t like and it’s unlikely that I would have learned anything there

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depending on who likes what tables, I'd rather play in a 6 Max tournament than in a tournament where there are 9 people at the table, when I just started playing these tables with 9 people I didn’t like and it’s unlikely that I would have learned anything there
I agree, that its crucial to play something, you enjoy, because otherwise motivation will quickly be lost.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thanks,

Virat
The smaller the number of players at the table, the wider their ranges, the more you need knowledge, understanding of the game and more attention to the table in a word of skill. For multi-tabling, the more players at the table, the more tables you can play.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you play with nine players it is regular speed and when you reduce players it needs more aggressiveness.