Poker Host Freerolls

Tammy

Tammy

Moderator
Moderator
Awards
10
Anyone who is looking for freerolls to play and has not registered at Poker Host, should do so immediately!! My husband heard about it from someone on Paradise and registered (something to do with the Grand Slam of Poker? Have to look into that one..). But then I got on there to play and man! Lots of freerolls throughout the day, with no requirements to play! Amazing! Although some of them are a bit early in the morning for me out here in California, I'm sure for all you Brits and Euros that they would be at a good time? They even have a Ladies Night Only Freeroll--so of course I just had to register my own account!

So if you see me on there say hello! My nickname there is Lady Luck (*sigh*, don't know why I didn't stick to my trusty old "juiceeQ"...but I doubt they'll let me change it now.) Please feel free to mention me when you sign up! :D ;) But I am more interested in seeing you at the tables! :cheers:
 
RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Awards
1
Juicee, it's recommended that all Cardschat members use our "affiliate links" to access the sites when opening new accounts. This makes sure that Cardschat receives proper credit and is able to continue hosting private freerolls on that site. If a player enters someone else's name in the "Referred by" box, Cardschat does not receive credit for that new player. Just a little something that's encouraged to help out with the expense of administering the site.

Also, before you get too excited about freerolls on Poker Host (or any other poker site), be sure to go to the forum "Freeroll Questions and Announcements" and read the thread "Freeroll Winnings". You may not be quite so enthusiastic about freerolls if you haven't already made a deposit.

Good luck at the tables!
 
M

MercilessKiller

Rock Star
I thought it's obvious you can't cash out if you haven't deposited from freerolls! Otherwise they may as well send the money in cash in an envelope lol!

But.. you can play with the money in sit and go tournaments, multi table tournaments, other private games and also ring cash games so saying that, u can still use it to play with and build up.. once its built up far enough you can draw it out :)
 
RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Awards
1
MercilessKiller said:
I thought it's obvious you can't cash out if you haven't deposited from freerolls! Otherwise they may as well send the money in cash in an envelope lol!

But.. you can play with the money in sit and go tournaments, multi table tournaments, other private games and also ring cash games so saying that, u can still use it to play with and build up.. once its built up far enough you can draw it out :)
Absolutely false, Killer! If you don't make a deposit, you will NEVER be able to withdraw that money, no matter how much you "build it up". That freeroll money, and anything that is won from it, is the property of the poker room until you a.) make a deposit, and b.) meet their criteria for redeeming it back from them.

As to it being "obvious" that you can't cash it out, the poker rooms go out of their way NOT to make it obvious to new players. It's clearly stated in their rules and regulations for all to see if they take the time. But if it were obvious through their emails and advertising, they'd lose their hook.

Newbies should read the post in the "Freeroll Questions and Announcements" forum under the thread "Freeroll Winnings". (If you're one of those like me who didn't think it was so "obvious".)
 
B

BDMK

Rock Star
RammerJammer said:
Absolutely false, Killer! If you don't make a deposit, you will NEVER be able to withdraw that money, no matter how much you "build it up". That freeroll money, and anything that is won from it, is the property of the poker room until you a.) make a deposit, and b.) meet their criteria for redeeming it back from them.

As to it being "obvious" that you can't cash it out, the poker rooms go out of their way NOT to make it obvious to new players. It's clearly stated in their rules and regulations for all to see if they take the time. But if it were obvious through their emails and advertising, they'd lose their hook.

Newbies should read the post in the "Freeroll Questions and Announcements" forum under the thread "Freeroll Winnings". (If you're one of those like me who didn't think it was so "obvious".)
rammer, the above seems to be the case for the few shady, small sites that some ppl here for some strange reason still seem to be enamored by (boggles my mind as to why, but hey its a free country...)

but it is certainly not the case with the likes of stars, paradise and the big, established sites. if anything, for example on UB, a freeroll for the so-called 'bonus' money is clearly described as such right on the tourney lobby (i dont like/play UB except once a year for the WPT aruba sats, but just giving an example of fair and upfront advertising in this instance).
 
Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
I withdrew Money!

Just to let you guys know I recieved a $10 sign up bonus from pacific poker and got it up to $400+ and withdrew $100 twice now. Don't know if thats differnent then the freeroll winnings but I recieved my checks in about 7 days in the mail!:drunken_s
 
RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Awards
1
Sammyv1 said:
Just to let you guys know I recieved a $10 sign up bonus from pacific poker and got it up to $400+ and withdrew $100 twice now. Don't know if thats differnent then the freeroll winnings but I recieved my checks in about 7 days in the mail!:drunken_s
And you haven't put ANY of your money into Pacific Poker? If not, this is pretty big.

BDMK said:
but it is certainly not the case with the likes of stars, paradise and the big, established sites.
What I meant was, have you ever received an email or spam banner from ANY poker site touting any sort of "bonus money" (freerolls, first-time depositors, reloads, etc.) that stated the specific terms of the offer? Or even had some fine print somewhere to the effect of "Certain limitations and restrictions apply. See site for details"? All you see is "$5,000 Freerolls Every Saturday Night!!" or "110% Bonus on Deposits!!" or "Play Free for REAL CASH!!" Then the bad news about how hard it actually is to cash these offers is buried three clicks deep on the website, not on the front page where the fabulous offers are posted.
 
Last edited:
Dr of Golf

Dr of Golf

Rock Star
RammerJammer said:
Then the bad news about how hard it actually is to cash these offers is buried three clicks deep on the website, not on the front page where the fabulous offers are posted.
You are correct, sir. Buried, and buried very deep. But, as in any consumer "purchase" ... let the buyer beware. :(
 
Tammy

Tammy

Moderator
Moderator
Awards
10
RammerJammer said:
Juicee, it's recommended that all Cardschat members use our "affiliate links" to access the sites when opening new accounts. This makes sure that Cardschat receives proper credit and is able to continue hosting private freerolls on that site. If a player enters someone else's name in the "Referred by" box, Cardschat does not receive credit for that new player. Just a little something that's encouraged to help out with the expense of administering the site.

Also, before you get too excited about freerolls on Poker Host (or any other poker site), be sure to go to the forum "Freeroll Questions and Announcements" and read the thread "Freeroll Winnings". You may not be quite so enthusiastic about freerolls if you haven't already made a deposit.

Good luck at the tables!
Thank you Rammer....I hadn't checked out the affiliate link yet, but now I know! Obviously, I should do a little more homework on these matters. I guess I was a victim of the slick advertising of the flashy poker room! lol Thanks for the advice, and from now on, I will look closer before leaping.....
 
Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
For Rammer Jammer

I really hav'nt put any money in. Thats no bull. I got the bonus and off and running. I'm trying to support my gambling habbit with my winnings but its getting kind of tough because i play more often and I am still learning!
 
Tammy

Tammy

Moderator
Moderator
Awards
10
Just to add on...I did look into Poker Host policies regarding deposits and withdrawals. I could not find anything regarding restrictions on freeroll winnings. I'll let you know what happens when I win one! (cheeky!) lol
 
Tammy

Tammy

Moderator
Moderator
Awards
10
Jaded

For anyone dredging this thread up from the bottom of the list....please look at my more recent thread: "Poker Host? I think not!" located in the "Playing Poker" forum. Obviously the newness of the Poker Host affair had not wore off yet for this thread, and now I have definitely changed my mind about this site! But hey, read both threads, and decide for yourself.
 
Crippler450

Crippler450

Guest
Feel free to play the freerolls on Pokerhost, but I know from experience that they have above and beyond the WORST cashouts of any program I have ever used. If you win $5 in a freeroll, you might as well throw it away because the chances of you ever seeing a penny of that money is about the same as winning the lottery.
 
jim1101

jim1101

Guest
I totaly didagree. You can use your freeroll winnings to play real money games and sats to get into big tourneys. I am playing at 6 sites from freeroll winnings. How is that like throwing it away? I deposit on paradise but win more on poker host than anywhere. The players there are not very good and there is an omaha game I do very well in.
 
anita

anita

Enthusiast
HEY MISS QUEEN

DO YOU KNOW IF YOU NEED TO DEPOSIT MONEY FIRST

IN ORDER TO PLAY THE LADYS NIGHT?
 
Tammy

Tammy

Moderator
Moderator
Awards
10
anita said:
HEY MISS QUEEN

DO YOU KNOW IF YOU NEED TO DEPOSIT MONEY FIRST

IN ORDER TO PLAY THE LADYS NIGHT?
Nope. Just talk to online support and ask them how to get in. Nine times out of ten they will register you.
 
t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Pokerhost is a shaky poker website at best. But when it comes to freerolls, it's the best of the bunch. Why? Two reasons. One, it only allows 800 players to register so it doesn't take several hours to complete (unlike say Absolute). Two, it has a variety of games as freerolls including Hold em, Omaha, Heads Up, 7 card stud, Mens night, Ladies night, forum freerolls, world poker tour and world series of poker qualifing freerolls and they even have a reeroll during Monday Night Football that offers money for you to bet on football games. As far as depoisting money there, I wouldn't recommmend it. I just play the freerolls.
 
lightning36

lightning36

Visionary
For whatever reason, I do best on Poker Host. I have placed many times in the 12:30 am freeroll and once won a $5 tourney - whicj has given me a decent bankroll. I even played some $1/2 No Limit ring games last night and was doing quite well. Uh ... until I got tired and missed that straight possibility ... lol
 
Freeroll Passwords
Top