torlik241990

torlik241990

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Why sometimes, at an important stage of the game, a card stops going to you for a whole hour and you simply fly out because the blinds eat up your entire stack?

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh man, this game is cruel, but when you play with statistics, in average you gonna won.

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how cruel is the war in your country? we see in media, but i want to know the opnion of a true ucranian... if is possible send me inbox if you prefer. see you.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
can be cruel and ruthless you can play with your feelings, have AA and lose to any other combination of cards.
And what you say I have seen in my hand history 14 hands in a row I drew a 2 accompanied by some other card never a 2-3 or a minimum 2-2 to defend myself in fact I was absent and went to smoke a cigarette: D

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
yes I know it happend to me many times , there you see what kind of player you are , by your actions and very good decisions ...:)

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I often thought the same as you.
It happened to me in MTT that started very well at the beginning, and then the cards did not come and they left me and the blinds left me as you say and I did not know how to deal with the situation.
It was also very structured. I only played with good hands and especially very high ones.
When I began to see many poker strategy sites, and I began to see videos about the game live and online, I began to play hands that out there you can consider garbage. For example a 67s or hands like that, depending on the position you are in. I started to make 3 bets or reraise depending on the credibility I had at the table, and so I started to defend those blinds that I lost as I played before.
With this I want to tell you that I improved my game considerably. Today, for example, I could tell you that I hardly have any problems with bubbles. There are very few tournaments that do not enter the bubble with a good stack, logically considering tournaments that you get to be in that situation.
Before, it even cost me a lot to even play a bubble with good cards. I was very afraid of losing the prize or not entering it. Today it doesn't happen to me anymore, where I smell fear of some opponent to enter the prize, that's where I act.
All this you only learn as I told you, watching poker, studying strategies, the course of the Cardschat guys, although I haven't finished it yet, at least the first 10 classes helped me a lot. For example, before I did not give much importance to the range according to the bets, positions and situation of the opponent in the MTT. Today estimating my opponent's range helped me a lot in a situation where I was going all in to call or fold.
To give you an example, before in the KO tournaments and I, for example, had a medium stack and another with a lower stack than mine went all in, and I had in hand assuming a JJ, it was very difficult for me to pay. I already imagined the opponent with AA or KK and in general he folded. Today according to my position, according to the position and situation of the opponent, I observe and if it is convenient in general I pay. I am not going to tell you that in 100% of the situations I am in a better position than the villain, but in general it gives me a large percentage of the time that I am in a greater equity. Then you saw how this is, luck, even though I am in a better equity position than him, must also be taken into account. But in the law of possibilities, this learning has given me very good returns in the long run.
Regarding the cruelty of poker, at least I don't take it that way. For me it is a game, where you can win and you can lose like any game.
Referring to cruelty, I sympathize with you brother because we see the war news in your country, that is truly cruel. We in argentina also lived in 1982 a stupid war in which many innocent people died and we know what it is about.
Our solidarity with the Ukrainian brothers for the difficult moment they are experiencing, as well as the Russian brothers who are experiencing a similar situation.
It still seems unbelievable to me that at this point in life humanity has not learned that wars are useless. Just to create more hunger and death.
A big hug brother. Charles from Argentina;););)(y)(y)(y)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is cruel, tough and annoying many times. This holds for specific moments. I leave them back and the most important I am leaving from the negative situation I am looking it in the long term!

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this happens of course, but waiting for a good card and then only playing a hand is a mistake, you have to go into the hands and with frankly bad cards plus no one canceled the bluff, I'm not good at playing with bad cards and bluffing, this is a sign of a low level of knowledge of this game, I don't think that strong players play only good cards or monster cards

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Last mtt I've played only three hands and busted. I lost both with my top pair to a straight of a guy who had 50% vpip.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It can be brutal.
Its a toxic relationship we go back to,
Its a cruelty we apply to ourselves willingly.
When last card ruins it all

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Some times you need to pull a trigger and risk it when you are card dead and your luck is runing out. Try to find good spots to jam, squez or steal pot, blinds,etc. Sometimes you got to run it, its not only waiting for nutty hand.

IronMike9000

IronMike9000

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
"Its not about how cruel poker is, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning at poker is done" quote by some poker player called Rocky

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think such situation is one of many. Actually poker is a mix of math probability theory and emotions. If emotions stay calm maybe result will be better next time.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Periods of being card dead is part of, what is generally referred to as variance. And just in general the only cure against variance is volume. The more, you play, the less all these elements of good/bad luck will matter for your results.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, by the way, poker is a rather cruel game and downstreaks can sometimes last for months, the more valuable and joyful is the moment when we finally manage to win something, for example, some major tournament

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, Poker can be cruel, and super cruel, and etc... As well as and our Life. It's simply Reality!

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why sometimes, at an important stage of the game, a card stops going to you for a whole hour and you simply fly out because the blinds eat up your entire stack?
In tournament poker, you need to learn how to play without cards, because good cards rarely come. You need to learn how to use various situations to your advantage without having good hands.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is a cruel game and the variance in tournaments is high, you need to work on the game and play a lot, but this will not smooth out the variance, plus tilt

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not a fair and cruel game, if you don't want to get upset don't play poker.Rarely happens when poker is fun:)

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I improved my game considerably. Today, for example, I could tell you that I hardly have any problems with bubbles. There are very few tournaments that do not enter the bubble with a good stack, logically considering tournaments that you get to be in that situation.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This situation already happened to me so many times that sometimes is really frustrating, but I know this is something it always will happen in poker.