Poker Bankroll Management

maudoallin

maudoallin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, its my first post here :D, first of all, sorry about my english!

I'm trying to grow up my buy-ins but i just cant do it... i started with 25$ and for like 5 or 6 times i played only mtts and Sit&go of max 1.5$ till i get 200$+ then i start to play mtts and sit&go of 3$-5$ and aways back to 25$, did it like 6 times. Maybe im not ready to play against players of 3$+ buy-ins? I'm aways studying, and i noticed that aways when im near bubble with high blinds i feel a different pressure that i dont do at 1$-1.5$ dolars buy-ins.

Thanks !!

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Scared money is blood in the water for sharks. It is better to be shark at a buck than a fish at three.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, congrats for your bankroll! Nice you growed it up like this!

Bankroll / 100 = MTTs and PLO cash game max buy-in
Bankroll / 40 = Sit and go and NLH cash game max buy-in.

These are the rules I follow for my buy-ins.
I'm not sure players have to do something with what's happening in the 3$+ MTTs.. players are players.. BUT the game change a bit at each buy-ins.. this is where I would look first...

Is it in all 3$+ MTTs format? Turbo? Hyper? Normal? Is it really pressure or excitement taking over? Uncomfortable? Is 3$ buy-in a big or bigger buy-in? What's happening when it's a 3$ SnG? or a 3$ cash game?

I know people who can't put 10$ on a MTT and they've started their bankroll with 50¢-1$ MTTs.. but 20$ on a cash game table or 100$ on a sit and go are no stress for them now.

-TRP-

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management