Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
When we are in a tournament and the Bubble is approaching, we all lower the intensity of the game to secure part of the prize but some know how to handle this fear and being aggressive is good for them at this stage. How can we get rid of that fear?

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
It all depends on whether you only want to enter the Prizes or if you want to win more, if you are managing your bankroll well, you will not regret going All In in the Bubble with QQ, if they win you, well, no way, you tried, the detail is to stay rest easy knowing you played well.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play a bubble, I always decide for myself before going all-in, it is important for me to win prizes, or the further I go in the tournament, decisions are made from these considerations

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you are leading the table by chips play a few more hands cause those shortstacks will fold a bit more to get itm
if you arent they play a bit tighter if you really want to get itm but just keep playing your game
and don't feel scared to play since you play to get the ft and not just min-cash right?

and do not fold AK/AA/AQ Suited etc since that will just hurt you in the long run

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Players do things on the bubble that they wouldn't do anywhere else. Some play ultratight, matching short stack monsters. Others, on the other hand, play very freely and raise sharply because they have the biggest stack. In other phases of the tournament, such extreme situations practically never happen.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed. Fold if you are short-stacked to get over the bubble. Play aggressively if you are above average against short stacks, fold against bigger stacks. No need to fear. The variance is coming for us all.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at this stage of the tournament it all depends on your stack and your opponents stack and on how your table is acting.

if you are the first in chips at your table you have to pressure opponents especially those with few chips.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You don't need to fear anything, if you are trying your best and play as correct as you can, then you are ok, you just play the game and enjoy!

Reail

Reail

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always set the first goal - to get ITM. So the bubble puts a lot of pressure on me if I'm short stack. At such times, I even fold some premium hands.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No such thing. That's what you're here for, to cash.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When we are in a tournament and the Bubble is approaching, we all lower the intensity of the game to secure part of the prize but some know how to handle this fear and being aggressive is good for them at this stage. How can we get rid of that fear?
It's fine to be aggressive when your stack allows it and you have the appropriate table position. It's normal to feel afraid, maybe your fear will make you more patient and thus you will be able to achieve better results.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It makes sense to play the bubble a little tighter regardless of stack size. Any accident can undo all the efforts in the tournament and lead to the loss of both the time spent in the tournament and the money spent on entry and potential winnings. The risk must be justified. Without any fear.

Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you find your opponents are tightening up at the bubble, take advantage of that, especially in position. Just don't play any two cards....but loosen-up considerably. They will fold all but premium holdings. You'll pick up some blinds and ante's. If you meet some opposition, just cool the jets.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When we are in a tournament and the Bubble is approaching, we all lower the intensity of the game to secure part of the prize but some know how to handle this fear and being aggressive is good for them at this stage. How can we get rid of that fear
When we set the right goals for tournaments we do not fear bubble spots- Our number 1 goal is to try to Final table all of our tournaments- 1A which we have in mind at all times is to try to get to the FT with enough chip to win it- This is what winning poker players focus on all the time---When they do they understand they are going to bust out of many tournaments but win more when they do not bust out of---this is a winning strategy-- When we near the bubble we need to remind ourselves to not fear taking the correct actions on the bubble----That also means we need to study and know what the correct actions are

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon. Unfortunately,in most of the tournaments I play, I´m among the shortest stacks and don´t want to be eliminated at that stage.So I try my best in order to get in the money and then double up if I want to stay in the tourney.Sometimes, I will have to fold some good hands but premium ones are all in.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just don't fear:)

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I know how it feels, you fight sometimes for hours, and when you get close to money, you hold on tight so you don't fall.
It all depends on how many chips you have when you get close to the bubble. If you are the Chip Leader of the table, you have to pressure your opponents, but everything within a coherence.
Now if you're short on chips, unfortunately you're going to have to hold on, and play when you really have a good hand.
But never be afraid, this is when you have to use all your knowledge and stay alive in the tournament, and not just think about the bubble, but think about and try to reach the final table.
Good luck to you at the tables.:)(y)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on the specific situation and the players at the table, but in most cases, if I have a lot of chips, I will play aggressively, and if there are few chips, I prefer to wait for the money and only then take risks, and the point here is not at all fear, but desire get money without risking and leave the maximum possible number of chips to play after the bubble!!!

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think on the contrary, being aggressive at this stage of the tournament is not very good. Although, of course, everything depends on the situation, on your position, on your stack. I have often seen aggressive players, with huge stacks, who, thanks to their aggression, remained without prizes.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before the bubble, it can definitely be profitable to play more aggressively, because yes, most people strain before the ITM, so you can rob with a more average stack.
But with smaller stack, I'm also more careful in this case and I sit to in ITM, because the bigger stacks like to trample the smaller ones with their junk cards (which is logical).

nachopaulo

nachopaulo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Upon reaching the bubble, I noticed that players with a lot of chips play more aggressively, as they know that opponents who have few chips will end up folding to guarantee a part of the prize pool. I tend to play tighter if I'm short on chips, but if I can cover the players at the table with me I go up, it's a chance to get some chips with their fold.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its much easier to take more risks near the bubble when you feel confortable about the money you have spent to play the tournament. so for example with a 1000 dollar bankroll, if you play a 109 dollar buy in tournament you are risking more than 10% of your bankroll, however if you play a 11 dollar buy in tournament you are only risking a bit more thabn 1% of your money, so it will be much easier for you to take risks by playijng tournaments in which you havent spent a significant amount of your bankroll.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think most players pay way too much attention to the bubble and make themselves very easy to rob, going deep is much better long term than a min cash anyway

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
EVER!

'Insurance died of old age'. haha good old saying.

I tend to perform better when I separate the MTT into stages.
Except when you are the chip leader (sometimes even being), you must exercise patience.
But it's also a matter of style... there are players who just want to play to go as far or as far as possible, others are happy to take a smaller slice.
Everything will depend on your goals and how the rest of the tournament unfolds.

But if I could say calm down and wait! It's amazing how some people get wrapped up in hands (near the bubble) and get knocked out even with a healthy pile. I see it every day, besides having already passed a few times.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
It*s not easy, but if I*m short stake and I see my chance then i play all in. At the end I lose my chips and I haven*t try to get more chips.