Playing in tournaments

P

Pdangle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Anyone have any info on how to get started?

seirmelo

seirmelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
If you're starting, don't start in tournaments, start with 0.25 and 0.50 sit gos, don't go over that amount until you have positive results.

They are short-lived and less tiring tournaments.

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Practice practice practice. Play lots of small buy in tournaments, cardschat has a great poker school so watch listen learn and apply the knowledge given

P

Pdangle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Practice practice practice. Play lots of small buy in tournaments, cardschat has a great poker school so watch listen learn and apply the knowledge given
Lol. I know how to play. I just don’t know how to get into these tournaments. Thank u though

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well you know how to play, so what is the real question, you don’t know how to join a poker site, or join CC games, how to deposit???
Getting started:
Join a site, deposit and play
Or
Join a site, play freerolls and pray

J

JustSoPro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing in tournaments…
1.) Stick to one tournament structure, and make sure you master it before going to others. Randomly going back and fourth between tournament structures makes it harder to learn all the exploits you need to make to become one of the top players.
2.) Make the investment in an online class like Raise Your Edge. I still haven’t finished all the videos yet because I work 60 hours a week, but look me up on global poker this year and I’ve been improving greatly.
3.) Be honest with yourself. I always want to see myself as better than everyone else because I am narcissistic, but I still have to keep myself honest as to when I am making a mistake vs when that my opponent got lucky.
4.) This one I still screw up from time to time. Coming from being a cash player, playing a lot of “flips” wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. In tournament play however, it is. Each tourney you start with a -10% ish ev, if you just start flipping all the time you’ll get knocked out to often before you get a chance to outplay your opponents and make some of that ev back. So if you feel like you’d be flipping and that you are actually better than the players around you, you gotta fold some hands where you feel like you’d be flipping (also stops you from running into AA a lot)

P

Pdangle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Well you know how to play, so what is the real question, you don’t know how to join a poker site, or join CC games, how to deposit???
Getting started:
Join a site, deposit and play
Or
Join a site, play freerolls and pray
I figured it out. Thank u and good luck

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played several tournaments from 0.25 cents 0.50 up to the $109 sunday million and they are strong tournaments where if you don't get the cards you don't wino_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O