Playing in freerolls against loose players

Niltinho_SC

Niltinho_SC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Good morning, my name is Nilton, I'm from brazil, and the question I want to raise today is the following: How do I play against recreational players who go all in with any hand?

Do I expect a hand with any shape or a relatively strong one?

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Play strong holdings, if vill is passive take them to value town, if they're a maniac slow down and let them bet into you. Just remember to not bluff if they're a calling station they will call with bottom pair and won't care how scary the board looks

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, you need to figure out if the player knows what he is doing, some will employ such a strategy to push you off marginal hands, but also knows when to slow down when he is played back against. Others are just wild gambling maniacs and care about nothing. If you are up against a maniac, it is best not to bluff, as they will not back down, don't try get creative against them and push them off bottom pairs, gut shots and low flush draws. Play your made hands aggressively against them, go to value town on them. If you must call their all-in's, make sure you do it with premiums holding only.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning, my name is Nilton, I'm from Brazil, and the question I want to raise today is the following: How do I play against recreational players who go all in with any hand?

In freerolls what you find most are recreational players, good advice, analyze the players who frequently go all in, be patient and wait for a good hand and good luck

C

Cbabycee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Personally I wait. Have patience. See what they are playing with and when. Let them knock each other out :) as the blinds go up and the players go down the better player will remain and those who came to play bingo will get knocked out. Let them play how they play, don’t call with weak hands just because you are getting annoyed - for one they could be on a card rush. In freerolls especially rebuys a lot of player strategy is to double up as fast as poss in the rebuy period and once they have they will calm down :)

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If your opponent goes all in every hand you need to consider the strength of your hand relative to two random cards, and your position at the table, that is to say, how many players are left to act after you put your chips at risk. If you are last to act, you can call with a wide range of hands that beat a random hand.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If they are going all in every hand, this is very risky and sooner or later they can become a victim, because they are not careful!

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
To play against these types of players you have to have very strong or relatively strong hands and always playing aggressively against them is the best

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If you see a player who is constantly playing with any card and always going to the poker table all his chips showing his aggression, you just wait for a strong hand and then the second time and he will not be so aggressive just wait for a strong hand

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Set em up, knock em down.. unless they knock you down then gl next game👍

SES Inc.

SES Inc.

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Play strong made hands and only go all in. The only way to win free rolls is aggressive play.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just be patient and wait for good hands to get all his chips.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As with any other situation in poker you put them on a range and adjust your own range accordingly. In this case its very simple, since you can either call or fold, so you do one of those. It is however important to also think about players behind. Maybe you are ahead of the all-in players range with AQ. But even so you might not want to put out 50 BB, if you have many people left to act behind, who might wake up with QQ+ or AK and put you in a bad spot. So if in dought just fold, especially when stacks are very deep. Often you will see people starting to call way to wide with hands like JT, because they get annoyed, and then dubble up the all-in player, who flips over AJ and is way ahead. And this is just like the dumbest thing ever. Its not your job to be "the table sheriff" and stop someone from going all-in preflop. Its your job to make profitable decisions, even when those decisions means folding a lot

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I expect a strong hand and hope that the opponent's random hand will not be hit by the flop.
Against such players, there is really no other option, but it is a good opportunity to double up.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some freerolls you just have to take a punt meaning your opponents will be likely doing the same, A fairly strong hand is often enough to give you a precious double up.

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my opinion, expect a hand equal to or better than A-8s, you have a good chance of winning everything that way, and if you lose it's okay to risk a freeroll tournament against a player with these characteristics.
While it is true that many players go all in with any hand, others choose hands like AX where you cover the A and most likely their second card will be low, another option is the low pairs that you can eliminate by producing an A.
As a last tip, they are players who don't think so much, and when they do, they usually do it badly.
If you just match, they'll be in trouble, thinking that this time you want to go all in. I recommend the following:
1) strong hands in which you really want to go all in, go up to 3 or 4 blinds: this will make your opponent wrong. Think “he wants me to let him see the flop” and he will probably retire all in with you
2) A-8s or similar hands, I recommend matching: willing to play and pay, thinking of a strong hand but worse than your opponent's 3) bad
hands: pay from time to time, only to throw them away so that your opponent doesn't understand your game and thinks it's easy to make you throw the cards with his all in.
I don't know if my advice is correct, it's very difficult to play against players who are impossible to read, I think. I wish you good luck

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
lol bingo, try to play strong hands only until the most of players are out and also luck must be with you , this is how it works in freerolls

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Listen to what fundiver said. Even a good hand like Aq would not be a call in many situations. I does not mean you can't call but you need to not fall into the trap of gambling your stack away. You need to take position hand strength and stack depth into account. I do believe in taking a calculated rick but with all other thoughts into play 1st.

Remember this as well. What does it mean if you call and win? You double up and nothing more. You're not guaranteed to cash of win anything. If you lose your gone from the tournaments and lose any opportunity to win.

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To play against recreational players who frequently go all-in with any hand:
  1. Be patient and wait for strong hands.​
  2. Consider your position at the table.​
  3. Adjust your hand range when calling their bets.​
  4. Avoid unnecessary bluffs.​
  5. Practice good bankroll management.​
  6. Stay calm and avoid tilting.​

:D

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning, my name is Nilton, I'm from Brazil, and the question I want to raise today is the following: How do I play against recreational players who go all in with any hand?

call the allins with hands superior to theirs.

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips

Depends on the stack you have , on the stage of the game , for example is thea early game with 50chips blind with no Antes, and the lose player goes all in for lets say 4 blinds , do u risc your whole stack with an AK for this insignificant pot? If u are a beginner you will rosc and call , if u want to win some money 💰 from the freewill you play smart.

Freeroll Passwords