playing hands

J

JMMJ0604

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was on a table recently where a player typed in the chat that I bluff on every hand. He said he knew this because I play 75% of the hands. I would agree that I play a lot of hands in the beginning when the blinds are low and I have the opportunity to build the stack. I do like to bet the minimum and see a flop. If I get something from the flop, I will stay in the hand. I never play bingo and I've been winning on a regular basis by this method. So, is this wrong???? Would like opinions how others play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was on a table recently where a player typed in the chat that I bluff on every hand. He said he knew this because I play 75% of the hands. I would agree that I play a lot of hands in the beginning when the blinds are low and I have the opportunity to build the stack. I do like to bet the minimum and see a flop. If I get something from the flop, I will stay in the hand. I never play bingo and I've been winning on a regular basis by this method. So, is this wrong???? Would like opinions how others play.

Your question need more details to really help but I will give it a try.

If I raised and you saw I raised with 92s J4o and 92s from early position what would you think? Well these hand are in the 75% of hands range. Its a bluff pure and simple preflop. Now you admit you play a lot of hand to build a stack and I can see your reasoning why but you are playing such a wide range to be exploitable. You say you never play bingo poker and I get what you mean by that but this is bingo poker early on. Your looking and hoping to hit something that can win you a monster pot and you have seen it happen but its not really a smart way to do it. There are times to play loose and times you hope to hit but if you are playing 75% of hand you more likely than not will loose long term.

On the flop you say you get something on the flop you stay in the hand. OK sounds like you play smart and slower post flop. The problem it look at the hands you are hitting. You get some odd 2 pairs and there nice and hand to detect. But how many time to you have a good hand like top pair good kicker? more likely than not you have 2nd or 3rd pair on the flop and even if you have top pair what type of kicker do you have? most likely not a good one. Now the turn come and how often now do you have 4th pair on the board. On the river 5th pair. The problem is if your playing a good player them will take advantage of you big time. They will play in position. 3bet you on the flop knowing you have something that is more likely than not is much stronger than your weaker hand and will know when to slow down when there hands are more likely beat of become questionable on later streets.

Play the style you like mate. Its yours and that's OK but if you want to become a really good player, this will not be the best way to become one. 30% of hands can be played by some good players and win but most at that point just cant win this way. The ones who do play very well post flop and when playing even this many hands your playing with fire. I'm not saying it not possible but much less likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The first reply provides a lot of good feedback to your question based on what details you did provide. I would also say that I wouldn't put much value or concern into what someone types in chat. Unless it's someone you know that you're friendly with, most of what is in chat is not constructive, useful, or valuable to people and if anything may distract your ability to focus.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also play like this, but only at the beginning of the tournament.
The stacks are large, you can play even weak hands, the main thing is not to make big bets.
Even if you lose several hands, it will not affect the stack much.
The starting stack is 3000 chips, the blinds are 20-30bb, well, you will lose 300-500 chips, at the beginning of the tournament it is not terrible at all.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone has their own style of play and I respect that, but I consider players who play almost every hand to be bad. When we lose only the blind it is not a big problem, but often the loss is greater. Catching some pair on the flop with trash hole cards usually gets us in trouble. When bigger cards come on the turn and river, after a possible opponent's raise we have a problem, and a seemingly more favorable scenario after the flop often results in the loss of chips due to a weaker kicker card. It is very rare for us to get into a promising hand with bad cards and not need to waste chips unnecessarily.

J

JMMJ0604

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks everyone.....great responses and I appreciate all of them.
I asked because the player was very angry with me and said my method of playing is WRONG. That's why I asked.
Thanks again!

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks everyone.....great responses and I appreciate all of them.
I asked because the player was very angry with me and said my method of playing is WRONG. That's why I asked.
Thanks again!
I play badly, I hope they will soon ban the use of poker software, then you answer this guy, he manages to count all the hands at the table, who has what %

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone chooses their own method of playing. I myself like to watch the flop and count the outs. But 75% of the hands look incredible. Then what kind of hands do you fold on the preflop? It's hard for me to even imagine this.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the start of the tournament, when the blinds allow you to play more actively, it is necessary to do this widely and I think it is absolutely right. But must not forget that the opponents are watching and taking notes for themselves, regarding your game. That is why it is necessary to flexible and show diversity in your game, so that you can not be easily read. If you get an advantage in the game from this strategy, and you can win and be ahead, do not doubt it) Your results in the game should show you, whether you are playing correctly or not. Opponents can and will say different things, if they can't beat you, that's fine, it's psychology and pressure at the table) Do not pay attention to this. Improve your game, study mistakes and build a strategy for the game, everything else is not so important ;)

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
People say a lot and mostly it's just nonsense what is being said at the table what matters is whether you feel good about the way you play don't let yourself be unsettled. So personally I don't try to play that many hands but if it works for you why not as long as you are successful with it. And I guess if you see that this is not very profitable to play almost every hand then I hope you will change it. Saying at the table that someone is bluffing or playing badly is usually just a psychological strategy to confuse you. Well-intentioned advice is seldom, but when you see someone playing a lot of hands then you can assume that this person does not always play with good cards and you usually only have to wait for a good hand to get this player out of the tournament to take, although of course I don't want to say that you are a bad player.

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play the same way you do my concern is playing :5s4::4c4: in a raised pot to see the flop then villain bet 20bb in a flop :3h4::2c4::js4: I bet Turn :3h4::2c4::js4::8d4: he went all in I can't afford more betts I had to fold should I go all in a 40/80 Blinds?

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It does not matter how many times you play, the data is useful when you have at least 1000 hands of yours, play correctly, if playing 10 times out of 10 is the right thing to do, you have to play.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play your game, don't mind the chat warriors

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands