Playing a championship main event

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all.

I recently managed to qualify to a pretty sweet main event. I managed to get the ticket in a centroll qualifier event where I ended up in second place after a brutal HU.
Anyways, I've actually played pretty much every event so far but only the centroll went well. The buy-ins have ranged from 50-200€ and I don't know why but I've struggled in all. I have been unlucky with flops as well as cards, and even thou the buy-ins are high the game still reminds me of micro mtt's. I guess there is a lot of amateurs since it is a national event...
Anyway to my question:
The structure of the main event is 10000 starting chips with 12-15 min blinds (If I remember right). It is also a 2 day event.
What do I need to do to prepare myself?
My hand reads have pretty much been wrong all over during the former events and I am afraid I will played scared money.
I need to be prepared for the fact that I will probably run card dead alot but I still want to accumulate a stack early on that hedges my presumed PF-all ins in 50-50 situations.
Any tips or advice here is appreciated really...
(It seems that when my cash game got better, I lost something in my mtt play)

Thanks!

Ps: a win means a lot of cash, a title, a custom avatar and the right to brag for a whole year. I want this so badly!

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all.

I recently managed to qualify to a pretty sweet main event. I managed to get the ticket in a centroll qualifier event where I ended up in second place after a brutal HU.
Anyways, I've actually played pretty much every event so far but only the centroll went well. The buy-ins have ranged from 50-200€ and I don't know why but I've struggled in all. I have been unlucky with flops as well as cards, and even thou the buy-ins are high the game still reminds me of micro mtt's. I guess there is a lot of amateurs since it is a national event...
Anyway to my question:
The structure of the main event is 10000 starting chips with 12-15 min blinds (If I remember right). It is also a 2 day event.
My hand reads have pretty much been wrong all over during the former events and I am afraid I will played scared money.
I need to be prepared for the fact that I will probably run card dead alot but I still want to accumulate a stack early on that hedges my presumed PF-all ins in 50-50 situations.

Thanks!

Ps: a win means a lot of cash, a title, a custom avatar and the right to brag for a whole year. I want this so badly!
First of all, it's the right attitude! As you sit down at the poker table, put all the stresses of the day out of your sight. It would be a big mistake to try to get back at a rude boss by aggressively playing a mediocre hand. Although this situation is stupid, it is quite common. Often people take out emotions in detours. There are several ways to tune into the game. Someone comes to watch a short video of a good poker player's game, someone needs to take a walk or just get distracted, someone needs to sit in silence for a few minutes to relax and calm down.Personally, I go through my database before playing. I choose the biggest losses, scroll through them in my head again so as not to repeat them at least in the near future, i.e. next gaming session. I also set up the sound background of the computer very clearly before the game. Not loud music at an average pace suits me. The main criterion is the correct volume. I should only hear the room signal for action and my inner voice.

S

SharkyShark1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mainly focus on ABC poker and it should turn out well. Make sure you hydrate and eat good snacks/food so you can stay on top of your game! GL

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all.

Anyway to my question:

Thanks!

Good Luck Bodd!

The best thing you can do is believe in yourself, be confident, and trust your reads.
If you need to brush up on tournament material there are some good guides and courses at http://pokermarket.net

But, main thing is, since you've qualified just realize you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Don't worry about the fear of getting knocked out, there's nothing to be afraid of. Play your heart out and give yourself the best chance to win.

That doesn't mean you need to force the action. You can be patient and let the game come to you. Let the action flow through you naturally for the best chance at good results.

If the stars align and it's meant to be you just might find yourself at that final table.
And remember, if you want all the bragging rights, the avatar, and all that good stuff. Then play to win my friend, and leave it all out there on the felt.

We the CC community believe in you, go out there and Get Stackin! :D

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the tips and encouragement guys!

I was planning on taking a break until this event started because my game hasn't been top notch. However I decided to try my luck in a satelite to one of the highroller events and I made it in.
The event was Omaha 6 handed. It isn't really my strong suit since the rivers usually make the opponents beat me. I did play super nitty and I actually made a third place!
I am happy but it sucked to go out like I did. The chips went in on the turn.
A third place is however much better than I expected and made me gain some confidence back.
Let's hope the main event is kind to me!

Woop woop!Screenshot 20220312 012615 Unibet20Poker

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Luck Bodd!

The best thing you can do is believe in yourself, be confident, and trust your reads.
If you need to brush up on tournament material there are some good guides and courses at http://pokermarket.net

But, main thing is, since you've qualified just realize you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Don't worry about the fear of getting knocked out, there's nothing to be afraid of. Play your heart out and give yourself the best chance to win.

That doesn't mean you need to force the action. You can be patient and let the game come to you. Let the action flow through you naturally for the best chance at good results.

If the stars align and it's meant to be you just might find yourself at that final table.
And remember, if you want all the bragging rights, the avatar, and all that good stuff. Then play to win my friend, and leave it all out there on the felt.

We the CC community believe in you, go out there and Get Stackin! :D

Holy moly I just realized you are THE Evan Jarvis! Thank you for replying to me good sir! It's an honor sir 😃

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha, my pleasure brother, always happy to be of assistance!

Hope it goes well my man!

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
try to play as you always play, you're winning don't change your play mode

good luck

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to play as you always play, you're winning don't change your play mode

good luck

I'm actually running pretty bad aside from that one FT and a few satelites 🤣 I always get cracked by a flip or worse. 90% of the time I get it in good thou so I hope it's just variance. I need to get better att accumulating chips so I don't have to risk my entire stack in an all-in situation.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm actually running pretty bad aside from that one FT and a few satelites 🤣 I always get cracked by a flip or worse. 90% of the time I get it in good thou so I hope it's just variance. I need to get better att accumulating chips so I don't have to risk my entire stack in an all-in situation.

Cards suck I agree

Poker is unfair
Brutal RNG that is so bad
we have to run thousands of counts
on sharkscope to just see a glimpse past the variance

this isn't a 9 man sit and go
its 1500+
the same sit back and chill methods will not last when you go card dead
You must find your own spots to bluff and outplay others consistently and uniquely

AKQ's tip of the fkn DAY!(lucky mfr you)(lucky I like to frgin rant)
Poker is all about the READ!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEN THE BLUFF!!

stealing against thieves is better when you are out of position
You have to allow them that spot of acting last or else they will not bet with air
Specifically A BB seat DEFENSE
Prioritizing Chip accumulation over defense when their range is so wide
from the button preflop they steal 90%
and we flat call if we believe they are betting with more than AA-1010
they cbet 90% of the flops
often times they shutdown on the turn
the board not hitting his range or coinciding with the sizing and the story gives us info
to check raise now or bet out on the river card FIRST
(out of position is in position!!)

, community texture can be much scarier with a 4th card even against AA or KK
check to him and analyze
if he checks back the turn
you should bluff the river out of position with a decent sizing of 45%+
If he bets the turn,
whats the turn bet sizing compared to the flop bet sizing?
is it a draw looking blocker bet?

DO NOT BLUFF ALL IN SOMEONE THAT IS ON A DRAW BEFORE THE RIVER CARD IS DEALT
flat calling keeps the pot small pre to post
less commited pots are easier to steal
Out of position is IN Position against bluffers that shutdown
I Almost Always bet the river FIRST out of position
All 5 cards are dealt there are no draws left and should have plenty of info on his strength at this point
I need to deny my opponent the options of a check to showdown or a big bluff I cant call...
using his wide range against him
and our flat calling quickly 2-3 times shows strength and gives him opportunity to show if he is weak by adjusting his bet sizing to his end means or fears

Playing my Bluff Stopping GTO concept STRATEGY from the BB seat ONLY

its not for the amateur and may hurt you more than it helps

I took 24th/1500 in the only BOL Main Event I have ever entered

You don't become the champion if you win
You Have to have that inside you already from the START

..............For MANY!!!!! ONLY A starry destiny written in the stars AFTER 300+BUY INS AND 300 BAD BEAT STORIES will grant them any win ..no offense Gripsed
300 games played and little to nothing will be learned by the individual
due to the way we play the Cards with such a standardized strategy across the board
its a grind..
not a dynamic learning lesson
because you all are almost equal and doing the same strategys
and whatever % you think you are better than everybody else
will be blown away by variance when we rely on cards and prioritize patience to wait for more cards in a literal chip RACE
In Which You ALL DO

RNG feels much better when you flatcall a 3x raise preflop with 68 and the 579 community board flops

You are expecting/demanding RNG to fulfill your hand with AK being the raiser with little backup plan to probe and assess our opponent properly to read/bluff

I play on ACR BOL and do the Cardschat team league and individual league and hang out with Ribbys Ruckus!
You can come study with me anytime and play me on the weekends

692660f0f4d7e75438feba0c64e5c1c5.png
e83e588b76d404d976033de5d8632cff.png

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-goals-challenges-wins-46/whos-chipleader-483206/page/4/

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update. Went out earlier than expected. Ran card dead obviously, and the few hands I played I couldn't get them to fold anything. Last hand was a river hit and got me out. I was folding almost everything for 2 1/2 hours and just got to see 3 or 4 flops during that time. No hits whatsoever. During last hand I flop top pair top kicker and get my last 30 blinds in. I get called by a higher Ace and the river gets them what they want. As always. It would be nice if I for once could get a decent start and at least win a pot or two, but nooooo. /rant

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If card dead, you really need to build a tight image, i.e. just fold, during the early levels in a tournament which will help you later on when ante kicks-in to bluff more effectively and not get caught.

J

jsiatime

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, you should be relaxed and to feel atmosphere. Enjoy it. U will be able win those