Playing a big tourney for the first time

B

Brandon morris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay blinds r 4000 8000 i have a stack of 120 k for 9th out of 52 left from 750 that entered still going strong can't believe got here off of 25 cent step one sng

B

Brandon morris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hit aa on the button now have 295 k 4 place out of 31 left..

B

Brandon morris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry think this is bringing me good luck.. at the final table!!!

B

Brandon morris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finished 6th place for 3600 dollars off of 25 cents gonna see how hard it is to pull 3000 dollars off of Brookline anybody know?

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bink! Nice score! :ciao:

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow nice run man! It must feel awesome to win 0.25 satelite and then run to the final table and win 3600$ :D

gogadgetdx

gogadgetdx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes!

you have made it this far with your skills, so why change.

This. A hundred times this. Whatever you did in the qualifiers is what you need to keep doing now - it worked!

Also, it is incredibly hard to completely overhaul your playing style from one tournament to the next - you are what you are.

My experience is that the other players will be sorted as follows:

60% ultra tight
25% loose-aggressive
15% wildcard

I'd try to run up against LAG early with AA, KK, QQ, AK suited and play it aggressive. Double up x3 and then settle into a more conservative stance. Take a flier once in a while with 89 suited or A2-5 suited, but never shove everything on those hands.

Also, eff the add on - if you've played well already, it won't matter. Doubling up one hand after the break can have the same affect on your outcome. Keep your investment at $.25 and your time!

GFL!;)