Player Color and Notes

S

SetsRagn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,

I am currently playing Double or Nothing sitngo's.
If any of you have sit'n'go experience I was wandering how did you color our opponents and what kind of notes did you write down.

For example is it better to color players as regulars-nor regulars / tight early - loose early or something else.

Thanks in advance.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to use color coding on Dons, I have orange for very good, red for aggressive/blind stealer, green for bad, and purple for really bad. Then when I look through the lobby for games to reg, I look for the lobbys with purples and greens and avoid the red/orange.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone,
I am currently playing Double or Nothing sitngo's.
If any of you have sit'n'go experience I was wandering how did you color our opponents and what kind of notes did you write down.
For example is it better to color players as regulars-nor regulars / tight early - loose early or something else.Thanks in advance.

hi hi setsragn!! :ciao:
i play lots sitngo on pokerstars
i started colour coding opponent players
after weeks & weeks of playing at micro stakes i never again see those players i code lol
so i wonder the effort
seems is so many players that coding anyone is meaningless
wonder what others think of this

blond.jpg

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you sure that SNG is really worth marking players?

SNG is a fast game and I don't think it's good for analyzing the game of rivals...

MTT game is the best variant, mark the player with a color it is necessary for a better understanding of the situation at the table) I think red is for an igoka who plays a bluff, yellow is for very aggressive players, blue is a weak or tilt player, green is for a player who makes stupid bets and mistakes at the table) good luck ;)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont really understand what you are saying, if SNGs are faster - then you should get more games, then you should see the same players more often and you would have more data to color code them. Also its pretty hard to look in the lobby at a big MTT and try to see if the players are good or not(unless you want to sharkscope them all).

Are you sure that SNG is really worth marking players?

SNG is a fast game and I don't think it's good for analyzing the game of rivals...

MTT game is the best variant, mark the player with a color it is necessary for a better understanding of the situation at the table) I think red is for an igoka who plays a bluff, yellow is for very aggressive players, blue is a weak or tilt player, green is for a player who makes stupid bets and mistakes at the table) good luck ;)

S

SetsRagn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In DoN's in party poker where I am playing I tend to see the same players over and over again so I am certain that if I get some good notes/color on them I will be more profitable.

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is usually a really good idea to take notes and color code players you see often. Thought I play a lot on Bovada and ignition where everyone's anonymous. That allows me to just play without worrying about anyone eventually figuring out my playstyle.

S

SetsRagn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Seems like a good system. Do you think it is also good for DoN's?
yes. It is useful for all kinds of games. Anyway, to know exactly how a player plays you must have a lot of information. The classification is very general, as players vary greatly in their playing styles.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont really understand what you are saying, if SNGs are faster - then you should get more games, then you should see the same players more often and you would have more data to color code them. Also its pretty hard to look in the lobby at a big MTT and try to see if the players are good or not(unless you want to sharkscope them all).

of course SNG is faster. You can see a lot of different players at the table, BUT! the SNG game system is peculiar and I think it is not suitable for analyzing the game of players, because a lot of people play the game as the final table! All or nothing and this is not good for analyzing the opponent.

MTT for analysis there is a current table and a large game session! It is not correct to compare SNG and MTT! Completely different game system...

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Most of my notes are generic but give me a base on the players. What I do is add notes on things I see that are odd or tells. Say a player who rarely raises suddenly put 10x in the Pot pre. I will note the bet size and hand he shows down so If he does it again I have a better idea what he has.