Play tournaments tight or aggressive?

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The point is that I play in a loose aggressive manner, but I noticed that I am often moved, and the rsch is not entirely correct, especially on poker stars. Do you think you can play more narrowly, like a sniper, shoot everything and take only 80%-100% confident banks??

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How are you "moved", and what does it mean, that the "rsch is not entirely correct"?

Constant re-rolls on the river. At the same time, this pattern repeats over and over again, because my tactics are loose-aggressive and I see how they ***** with a weak hand as if it were something on purpose to get them ...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still dont understand, what you mean. Are you saying, that the RNG is rigged against you, and if you played in a different way, maybe that would change?

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I suppose you should change the way you play a bit, and well, won't playing aggressive against weak hands always give you a victory, do you only play aggressive strong hands? Do you think you should win all the hands in which you play aggressive? try to see your plays and analyze them

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game where there is no single strategy, there are basic, basic skills, and then everyone plays as they want.
The manner of the game can not be constant, tight or aggressive, it depends on many factors, poker is not a game of cards, poker is a game of people.
I think it is always best to play tight-aggressive, there is a weak hand that we do not play, there is a strong hand that we play aggressively.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LET ME CLEAR THIS UP
tight and loose is the terms we give to an opponents preflop selection
THEN we say they are passive or aggressive
So you can be tight-passive
loose-passive
loose-aggressive
tight-aggressive

So do you really mean should I play tournaments loose aggressive or tight passive?

in which i say
ALWAYS play to your table dynamics

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggresive and cash tight.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Ultimately it's what you feel is best for your game and what type of play you can best play as. There's successful tournament players that are loose and aggressive. There's some that are super tight that are successful too. Some float between various archetypes depending on what they see and feel is right. Find a general strategy that you feel like best suits you and find situations and moments to where you can adjust it based on table dynamics.