play tournaments?

R

ramses231132

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MX
Chips
hello good afternoon I would like to know if it is better to play a tournament or is it better in classic texas holdem? and what advice would they give to a first-time

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the first time play with free chips, train enough and memorize the strength of your hands, if you've already done that, or know enough, play a low-registration tournament, put into practice the knowledge you've acquired, train and gradually increase, when you feel it's the best time to go up.

S

Syxpack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello good afternoon I would like to know if it is better to play a tournament or is it better in classic texas holdem? and what advice would they give to a first-time
tournaments makes for bigger payoutt.
cash tables (fake chips or real money) makes for quick cash , but players tend to go all in all the times.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Both forms of poker are cool, just find out what suits better to you :)

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For the first time I'd recommend to play any kinds of Play Money games and freerolls. As for your question, I only play tournaments as there is a limit of how much you can loose, unlike regular tables.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have a lot of free time, then play tournaments, because it takes 5-6 hours to reach the final table, and it takes another 2-3 hours to take first place at the final table.
Well, cash is fast poker, you can play at any time and as much as you want, there is a free hour to sit down and play.
In any case, everyone decides for himself, it's better to play both and decide for himself what is better.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on what you like best. Tournaments require a certain amount of time, while in cash games you can stop playing whenever you want. The dynamics of the cash game is greater, tournaments have a fixed entry. Try both options and choose the one that makes you feel more comfortable playing.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I agree. Play what you like. Good luck!

N

n9dream

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I started with tournaments and discovered that they really are a grind. You need at least 3 hours to hope for a min cash. Much longer if you're hoping for the final table. I don't have that kind of time every night. Cash games can be played any time for as short or as long as you want to play. Good luck!

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Better is to start with tournaments, I think. And then, after you collect experiences, then you can try cash games with small BB. On the begin, even with small BB, you need some dollars to play free and try your luck. With tournaments is that easier.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If you don't have money on a poker website and don't want to deposit and risk your money, free tournaments are just what you need to start your poker career. Free tournaments are a great opportunity for new players to get up close and personal with the basics of the game, to understand how to play and what to do in certain cases. Moreover, in the process of this exciting study, you will receive an additional bonus - the opportunity to win real money for your future game!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Regular speed multitable tournaments typically last 4-12 hours, so its a bit like running a marathon. If you are new to running, you dont want to start with a marathon. And likewise with poker you want to start with games, that require less time commitment. Like cash games or small tournaments, which are usually going to be called SnG (Sit and Go). The classic 9-man SnG is a great game for beginners. You buy in for a dollar or even less, then you sit down and wim-bam-bo, left-and-right, dust away your stack or get lucky, and then its over. Or start with 2NL cash games, if you are more serious about it. Cash games are better for learning to play with deeper stacks including the crucial late streets, turn and river.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play where you feel most comfortable, where you have profit and dominate the game, strategies are of fundamental importance for you to be a winner in poker.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with the idea to play what you feel better.

Every type of game is profitable, but how much it is will depend of your game.