Play tournament without sleep

vitord_9

vitord_9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Have you ever played tournaments without sleep? Did it affect performance? I confess that I have a hard time playing poker when I'm sleepy!

S

sumdumguy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens to all of us when the mind is tired, but I played the Sunday Storm anniversary with 30 hours without sleep before, the first day I spent it, I rested and on Monday it doesn't last an hour and they eliminated me, I won like $170 per KO.. I thought it strange that I lost already rested and not before without sleep... the mind is deceitful sometimes..

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I learned relatively quickly that it is suicide to sit down and play when tired. Bad decisions, easier emotional outbursts and more. If you play without sleep, you are almost guaranteed to fail. And fatigue shows its effect in all areas of life (e.g. driving a car, relating to people, etc.)

pansipos

pansipos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
When the tournament is on, i can't sleep...There is a difference between tournament and tournament. if I have the tournament with my partner..it's a little different. :)

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Would you race a car with a faulty engine? Or run a race without properly fueling before?

You are not going to get the best results without proper preparation, or without your body and mind being in the best state it can be.

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
Just as when doing anything, when playing poker, sleep is extremely important. if I know that the tournament will be at night and can last for a long time, I always sleep during the day for several hours to keep my brain as fresh as possible.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If you are a serious player you are better tired than the fish are when they are alert.

So if you want to put in the volume you sometimes play when you rather sleep.

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If you fall asleep, immediately close the poker because you will lose and lose your focus

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
when I'm very sleepy I can't focus on my game to the maximum and my game is negatively affected, I think that at some point it's something that has happened to all of us, especially when the tournaments are very long, that's why you have to plan the tournaments that we are going to play and be with a lot of energy to be able to perform as much as possible

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't play poker when I'm tired, haven't slept well or in a bad mood. Why play sleepy if such a game will most likely bring you losses and will certainly spoil your nerves.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I already do, and I don't recommend it, it interferes a lot with performance, a good night's sleep is essential to play at your best!

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
beats this, you try to fight sleep, maybe someone has secrets how to overcome sleep?

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
Have you ever played tournaments without sleep? Did it affect performance? I confess that I have a hard time playing poker when I'm sleepy!
I everyday play sleepless it has been more than 2weeks.
Right now its 2AM over here in my country.
I want to sleep but I can’t help!!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You can program your games and play the games that are suitable for your situation. There are plenty of game types in poker. If you have to play a marathon of poker then you must be prepared and choose day that you have rested enough so that to cope and play a game as you would like.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If you want to sleep, then go to sleep and don’t play, because you won’t win anything anyway, you won’t be able to think sensibly and make the right decisions.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've had to do it with some regularity in the past but playing poker without sleep is the worst. Hate it! :eek:

Gotta be well-rested if you want positive expectation. (y)

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like to play at night and I try to avoid it.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No, I haven't and wouldn't do so as an option.
Being sleep depraved isn't a good thing; the odd time if the situation demands it, but not as practice.
I started a game around 10pm and thought as it was a big tournament, I'll probably be playing for 2hrs, till I'm maxed out by the blinds.
By the time 3hrs kicked in, I was tired and tried going all in several times, only to win the hand. ( Why does this never happen when you've got time for long tournament play???)

1-2am is my maximum late night play....

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
When I started playing poker I used to play any tournament no matter if I was very tired or very sleepy, but little by little I understood that if I wanted to get good results I had to be at 100%, I am not going to deny that I still play some tournaments when I am very tired and sleepy, but it is for very specific things, for example if it was a ticket that I won and I have no other option than to play it at that moment

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I got a satellite seat for The Big $109, I hadn't slept well and my performance was awful. Getting this spot without spending anything was very tense, that is, I entered the tournament very tired, I don't make that mistake anymore!(y)🛌