PLAY SMALL MTT OR BIGGER MTT

S

STINKDADINK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can I have some advise on playing MTT'S? I currently play SNG and do quite well cashing in them. The thing I struggle with on MTT'S on lower buyin's is people seem to literally just ship with anything. Is it the same on the higher buy'ins or do people tend to calm down a little more? I know you will always get the crazy people who ship with anything but is it as bad? I hate buying in for $11 tournaments and people are shipping with 8 2 suited 3 hands in lol.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can I have some advise on playing MTT'S? I currently play SNG and do quite well cashing in them. The thing I struggle with on MTT'S on lower buyin's is people seem to literally just ship with anything. Is it the same on the higher buy'ins or do people tend to calm down a little more? I know you will always get the crazy people who ship with anything but is it as bad? I hate buying in for $11 tournaments and people are shipping with 8 2 suited 3 hands in lol.
no, the $11 mtts aren't as reckless as microstakes games.

however, what does that matter? it sounds like you're having trouble in the microstakes against bad players. are you implying that you'll do better in higher buy-in mtts against players with more skill when you struggle against players that shove 82s? i don't understand that.

S

STINKDADINK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no, the $11 mtts aren't as reckless as microstakes games.

however, what does that matter? it sounds like you're having trouble in the microstakes against bad players. are you implying that you'll do better in higher buy-in mtts against players with more skill when you struggle against players that shove 82s? i don't understand that.
Not at all. I was simply asking when 100bb deep and 3 hands in to a tournament do people tend to ship all in with daft hands like 8 2 suited off the cuff. May be because the buy in is $5 that they think screw it it's only $5. If you would like me to word it a bit simpler I can ( an im not being snotty so please dont take it that way) Do people play the same in $5 buy as to a $55 $555 $5555 buy in? That's what I'm asking and thanks for the reply [emoji28]

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not at all. I was simply asking when 100bb deep and 3 hands in to a tournament do people tend to ship all in with daft hands like 8 2 suited off the cuff. May be because the buy in is $5 that they think screw it it's only $5. If you would like me to word it a bit simpler I can ( an im not being snotty so please dont take it that way) Do people play the same in $5 buy as to a $55 $555 $5555 buy in? That's what I'm asking and thanks for the reply [emoji28]
simple answer: you're going to have really bad players at all levels. you just see a lot less of them the higher buy-in.

S

STINKDADINK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
simple answer: you're going to have really bad players at all levels. you just see a lot less of them the higher buy-in.
Yes thanks for the answer mate. Not been playing long at all you see. Few months and reading and watching what I can around working hours.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I suggest you watch some Twitch and see for yourself how players are acting in the 11 dollar tourneys. For example - Arlie Shaban plays a lot of them.