Placing 2/453 in the OTR Million Dollar 1 Seat GTD

Logg

Logg

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's the final hand. 4c1d is a very loose aggressive player but is quick to fold when challenged.
I think he would have called any raise on the turn, but I also think he would have folded if I bet on the flop.

I'm looking for suggestions on what I could have done better here.

I'm also looking for my jaw...
oh, there it is, it fell on the floor after I saw what beat me.

2500/5000

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.7 BB) Hero has T:heart: K:spade:

Hero raises to 2 BB, BB calls 1 BB

Flop: (4.2 BB, 2 players) T:diamond: 5:club: T:spade:
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (4.2 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond:
BB bets 2.1 BB, Hero calls 2.1 BB

River: (8.4 BB, 2 players) 6:club:
BB bets 6.3 BB, Hero raises to 16.8 BB, BB raises to 109.12 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 13.08 BB and is all-in

Hero shows T:heart: K:spade: (Three of a Kind, Tens)
(Pre 65%, Flop 95%, Turn 82%)
BB shows 4:heart: 3:club: (Straight, Six High)
(Pre 35%, Flop 5%, Turn 18%)
BB wins 68.17 BB

Can you feel the pain?!
:egg:

Attachments

• asdf.jpg
    asdf.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 48
hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is a painful cooler and just missing the decent prize after flopping trips.:eek:
Well done though getting so deep out of 453 players winner takes all is probably the hardest format of poker in big tournament fields.
Flop play is ok while I lean towards betting most of the time disguise your hand and trap is ok too,
Turn the same looks ok raising big is probably the better line as your not giving your opponent an opportunity to fold.
On the river though I probably would have just called the 6 BB bet fearing villain had A10/22/55 or 66 mainly hard to put them on the straight they had while you have a big hand there are many combinations that beat you.
It happens everything is easier with hindsight compared to the heat of the moment though good game.

Last edited:
A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not betting on the flop made it impossible for you to find out more information about his hand and possibly winning on the flop.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont really see anything wrong until the river - when villain reraises you like the mod said above me - there are a lot of hands that are beating you and I think you forgot to ask yourself the question - how often is opponent going to bluff all-in heads up when only top1 gets a seat? Your read on the opponent should have indicated to you to get away from a big hand - other than that, unlucky dude that day when you get it will come :)

B

Boo02

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not betting on the flop made it impossible for you to find out more information about his hand and possibly winning on the flop.

Come on. He has trips at Heads Up. I'm propably playing it also more agresive to build the pot. But I want him to call it. I'm shure you too ;)

B

Boo02

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you feel the pain?!

Sick hand in sick moment.

My sickest hand was, when I get a call from 22 (all in) at the board 44 55. Efecxtive stack about 100 blinds. I'm holding A high. River 2 :icon_sant

Logg

Logg

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sick hand in sick moment.

My sickest hand was, when I get a call from 22 (all in) at the board 44 55. Efecxtive stack about 100 blinds. I'm holding A high. River 2 :icon_sant

That might have been me. :2s4::2c4::2s4:
Happy Twosday 2/22/2022 folks.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's the final hand. 4c1d is a very loose aggressive player but is quick to fold when challenged.
I think he would have called any raise on the turn, but I also think he would have folded if I bet on the flop.

2500/5000

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.7 BB) Hero has T K

Flop: (4.2 BB, 2 players) T 5 T
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (4.2 BB, 2 players) 2

River: (8.4 BB, 2 players) 6
BB bets 6.3 BB, Hero raises to 16.8 BB, BB raises to 109.12 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 13.08 BB and is all-in

Hero shows T K (Three of a Kind, Tens)
BB shows 4 3 (Straight, Six High)
BB wins 68.17 BB

Can you feel the pain?!

Thank you for posting

The turn call was an error. You checked flop to get value on the turn the V bet turn now you raise. If you do that every time you will be playing close to optimal.

Only slow play a full house on the turn and not always slow play those as you are trying to get stacks in and the pot is 6 and you have 34bb in your stack.

It is better that your V fold the turn then you get another 4 bb on river. Not because they sucked out but because you are leaving 28bb on the table. However not getting sucked out on and winning big pots are why we raise turn.

Hope this helps
:):)

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ineffable brutal outcome

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I place 2nd in this one quite regularly. LOL

Last week 2nd out of 396 PLO - huh not bad for only playing PLO in these satty events.
Last week 3rd out of 342 NLHE.

Zajac666

Zajac666

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hurts!

2500/5000

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.7 BB) Hero has T K

Flop: (4.2 BB, 2 players) T 5 T
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (4.2 BB, 2 players) 2

River: (8.4 BB, 2 players) 6

Hero shows T K (Three of a Kind, Tens)
BB shows 4 3 (Straight, Six High)
BB wins 68.17 BB

Can you feel the pain?!
That hurts, I'm pretty sure I would've played almost the same, but maybe I would cbet the flop with a really small size and then another barrel on the turn. I'm a noob tho.. :D

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
He saw and understood that obviously there is a three of a kind, but with 4,3 he decides to play it in front of the two 10s, and he hits a straight! Yes, it was a situation where many times appears a foul house against your three of a kind, but this time the other player had a straight! Free knowledge and experience!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I place 2nd in this one quite regularly. LOL

Last week 2nd out of 396 PLO - huh not bad for only playing PLO in these satty events.
Last week 3rd out of 342 NLHE.
was that you that I played heads up in an omaha otr MTT.
I remember I lost lol
straight lip for alll the goodies.
I remember it stung so bad I made a thread like this one !!!lol