PKO tournament

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whats most important for you at PKOs, knocking out players, winning hands, or grinding chips?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whats most important for you at PKOs, knocking out players, winning hands, or grinding chips?

Thank you for posting.

1 knockouts = money

2 Grinding chips late stage PKO when payouts are bigger than KO's

Never- Winning hands.

Tournament poker is about winning pots- it is better to lose hands trying to get stacks than to win hands and not get sucked out on. So getting AA cracked when your V semi bluff shoves turn and hits the river is a good thing if you induced it. Instead of over shoving the turn to protect type of plays. equity denial is a real thing but that is board texture + villain hand reading determined- not fear of loss shoves or big bets on a good board for us looking for folds.

I know it may not feel like it but they do not hit every time you induce (I hope):D

Hope this helps
:):)

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for posting.

1 knockouts = money

2 Grinding chips late stage PKO when payouts are bigger than KO's

Never- Winning hands.

Tournament poker is about winning pots- it is better to lose hands trying to get stacks than to win hands and not get sucked out on. So getting AA cracked when your V semi bluff shoves turn and hits the river is a good thing if you induced it. Instead of over shoving the turn to protect type of plays. Equity denial is a real thing but that is board texture + villain hand reading determined- not fear of loss shoves or big bets on a good board for us looking for folds.

I know it may not feel like it but they do not hit every time you induce (I hope):D

Hope this helps
What about all in in the river with the nuts? I always carried myself into v-bets rather than shoving, I get over 75% calls, but while watching others play, they always all in nuts. Is it profitable to shove to protect bluff/ nuts range or unadvised especially against calling stations?

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to forget Im even playing PKO, I never look to see how much a player is worth when deciding to call or push. Seems to work best for me, On occasion a box pops up and says congrats you earned $$$$$ for KO. Knowing the bigger prizes or at the final table between ladders and giant PKOs is my goal.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What about all in in the river with the nuts? I always carried myself into v-bets rather than shoving, I get over 75% calls, but while watching others play, they always all in nuts. Is it profitable to shove to protect bluff/ nuts range or unadvised especially against calling stations?

Thank you for responding

River bet sizing is dependent on call frequency of villains and size of bets. It is a math consideration.

Simple example is this----

River the pot is 30bb 100% of the time our villains will call a 10bb bet so we win 10bb all the time

20% of the time our V will call a 100bb shove on the river- we win 100bb every five times

So comparing the two results we see that we will win 100bb every five shoves- four folds one call but would only win 50bb every 5 times we bet 10bb . So we shove every nut hand on the river as it makes us a 2-1 profit.

This is just the simple beginning as to why to shove nut hands on rivers.

We also will be shoving bluffs as well in the right spots.

GTO sims also shove nut rivers because they are playing other GTO sims and call frequencies are correct for this play to be +EV. Some players only think of one side of a GTO equation when using GTO strategies versus non GTO humans- so you may see it being over used.

If however on your tables your villains are calling more often than minimum defense frequencies this standard GTO bet becomes a great exploit. Which may be the reason for the shoves in the PKO's you are playing as we win not just chips but bounties when called to often.

Last edited:
Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This tournament with elements of action, it is not as boring as other MTTs. Therefore it is important for me that I do not fall asleep in it

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I try to maintain a healthy stack and if possible cover some of my opponents just in case. I am not the guy who gambles with any two cards for a KO.

But there are spots you should gamble with wider ranges like when we are in later positions and a tiny stack is all in with a nice bounty. It is essential part of the game to go for some bounties but I don't overdo it.

This is my approach for now I don't know if it is super nitty or no.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PKO likes a lot of players, because you can make money quickly. But getting money quickly attracts a lot of crazy gamblers. :) I like these tournaments for a double pot at the finish :), if you get to the money, then you will get a reward for knocking out:), but when the final stage begins, the rewards for the players are even more and it's really great!) you go up in the money and beat out the short players for the big money :) It's a nice feeling when your bank allows you to put pressure on short players at the final stage of the tournament is amazing:), but I will tell the truth that it is just incredibly difficult to survive especially at the beginning.... If you survive, your chances increase tenfold :)

A

Axmanace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

For me - winning chips / pots is the most important thing; however, bounties change equity calculations.

For example - a 5 way all in pot makes AA unfavorable. If you have everyone covered; however, it makes calling way more profitable in. PKO.

TLDR: I might be more willing to make marginal / boarder line calls depending on who I’ve got covered and bounty levels.

Last edited:
peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for responding

River bet sizing is dependent on call frequency of villains and size of bets. It is a math consideration.

Simple example is this----

River the pot is 30bb 100% of the time our villains will call a 10bb bet so we win 10bb all the time

20% of the time our V will call a 100bb shove on the river- we win 100bb every five times

So comparing the two results we see that we will win 100bb every five shoves- four folds one call but would only win 50bb every 5 times we bet 10bb . So we shove every nut hand on the river as it makes us a 2-1 profit.

This is just the simple beginning as to why to shove nut hands on rivers.

We also will be shoving bluffs as well in the right spots.

GTO sims also shove nut rivers because they are playing other GTO sims and call frequencies are correct for this play to be +EV. Some players only think of one side of a GTO equation when using GTO strategies versus non GTO humans- so you may see it being over used.

If however on your tables your villains are calling more often than minimum defense frequencies this standard GTO bet becomes a great exploit. Which may be the reason for the shoves in the PKO's you are playing as we win not just chips but bounties when called to often.

Great advice, thanks a lot for your input. However I am afraid not gètting paid off, I will try it and answer you after a couple k hands

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to maintain a healthy stack and if possible cover some of my opponents just in case. I am not the guy who gambles with any two cards for a KO.

But there are spots you should gamble with wider ranges like when we are in later positions and a tiny stack is all in with a nice bounty. It is essential part of the game to go for some bounties but I don't overdo it.

This is my approach for now I don't know if it is super nitty or no.
When expecting an all in with a hand OOP, simply limp and suck am in, others will open their ranges, which is an exploit in my dictionary.

V

Vgs0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in order to win you have to take the opponent's chips when this happens you have double joy because he leaves the tournament bringing you closer to the prizes and you have an extra reward for that. Philosophy and tactics are different when complicating the hunt for exclusion makes the tournament very interesting.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good day!
It is natural to knock out players, since in PKO tournaments half of the prize money is in knocking out.