Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
In this article I would like to share with you what I learned in poker this year and I hope to have your opinion and your vision of things.

First I put the point on the management of bankroll. This point is essential, and if it's not respected it will be a waste of time to play poker. It is advisable to put 200 buy in and not exceed 1% in each tournament. This counteracts the variance. In tournaments, you can easily go through periods of downswing.

Second, the volume of play is a key to negating the luck factor. For this, you have to multi-table and play in different rooms to find enough tournaments at the same time.

The last point that I quote is the technical part, working on the game is very important and allows you to take the advantage over your opponents in order to generate a good ROI.

I've been playing poker for years, but I never understood these points, I was playing random poker without any strategy or organization. Today, my vision has changed.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.
I think psychology is also important.
For me, this reflected during the game at several tables at the same time, which I am frankly bad at, because I do not have enough attention.
And the most logical. I understand that there is no reason to start a tournament if I am not ready to go to the end.

Bankroll management is also very important. I fully agree with this.
Good luck at the tables.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Well done, you're right, you need to follow these points and then it will be easier to play if you are a good player, then in any case you will win and earn money:)

miziel

miziel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To follow that rather basic strategy one has got to master the Zen of Poker - don't let the variance get to you, don't let the bad beats shutter your confidence. Confront your plays with the wisdom of professional winners and humbly accept you have no idea how to play :unsure::geek:

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In the long run, it is important that someone plays well, if he wants to be a winner after all :)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The parameters of the game are very important for your game picture. Also important is to manage them and find your golden solution. I think that the 100 buy-in are too many, the 100 buy-in are more realistic.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
A gaming philosophy is an intangible asset that true poker masters use. It is in it that the ancient secrets of success are embodied, it is in it that a beginner can draw the wisdom of veterans. A poker tournament is similar in essence to tourists overcoming rapids on a turbulent river. A man on a boat sits next to people like him. Everyone is united by a common goal - to reach the final. But in the process, everyone must somehow coexist with each other, because everyone is in the same boat and is forced to obey common rules.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most important is the consistency of your game in the long sessions when you run deep in some tournaments to be able not to throw it all away right infront of the finish line.

A

a1232

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
What are some tips for playing multiple tournaments at once? Sometimes it's hard to keep recalibrating the blinds, stack sizes, opponents, etc if you are constantly shifting back and forth.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Patience, during a long session I need air, after three hours of play it gets tired and I start making mistakes

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To follow that rather basic strategy one has got to master the Zen of Poker - don't let the variance get to you, don't let the bad beats shutter your confidence. Confront your plays with the wisdom of professional winners and humbly accept you have no idea how to play :unsure::geek:
There's actually a book called "Zen and the Art of Poker." Old but good.

Also Mental Game of Poker Vol 1 (and maybe Vol 2) are good reads.

Tommy Angelo also has some good mindfulness in poker books, have read The Element of Poker.

ERIC C DA S PAIXAO

ERIC C DA S PAIXAO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Psychology is very important for playing poker, I'm still trying to learn a lot about it. Unfortunately still a lot of tilt with bads

ERIC C DA S PAIXAO

ERIC C DA S PAIXAO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is actually a book called “Zen and the Art of Poker”. Old but good.

Mental Game of Poker Vol 1 (and maybe Vol 2) are also good reads.

Tommy Angelo also has a good eye on poker books, he read The Element of Poker.
I'm going to look for this book

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I understand you and completely agree with you. Most players play poker without having any tactics, strategy or any idea about bankroll management. And such a game simply cannot be successful in the long run. I believe that bankroll management is the basis for good results. In addition, it is definitely necessary to be patient and disciplined.

W

worsdep

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are some tips for playing multiple tournaments at once? Sometimes it's hard to keep recalibrating the blinds, stack sizes, opponents, etc if you are constantly shifting back and forth.

Some sites allow you to change whether chip stacks are shown as chip value or BBs.

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
In this article I would like to share with you what I learned in poker this year and I hope to have your opinion and your vision of things.

First I put the point on the management of bankroll. This point is essential, and if it's not respected it will be a waste of time to play poker. It is advisable to put 200 buy in and not exceed 1% in each tournament. This counteracts the variance. In tournaments, you can easily go through periods of downswing.

Second, the volume of play is a key to negating the luck factor. For this, you have to multi-table and play in different rooms to find enough tournaments at the same time.

The last point that I quote is the technical part, working on the game is very important and allows you to take the advantage over your opponents in order to generate a good ROI.

I've been playing poker for years, but I never understood these points, I was playing random poker without any strategy or organization. Today, my vision has changed.
Hei this is so true what you wrote, I have been playing for years as well but I just added money to the account when I went bust and did not really think about it, It was not a huge amount 20 or 30 buck a month, but I have a record on cardschat since 2014, and I saw that I have wasted around 4000 USD because I was just doing this as a recreational hobby. So in the end of last month, I logged back into my CC account read few articles and decided to start taking bankroll management seriously, and guess what I am up bit over 400 USD this month, so the plan is to fetch up my losses from 2014 in the year 2023.

I will do so by continue reading good posts like yours and studying my game, good luck at the tables and thank you for your post.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Bankroll management is overrated
There is a simple and precise formula for the correct BRM. According to this formula, everyone can choose for themselves an acceptable risk of ruin ... Then there will be no overestimation of the importance of BRM.

BR=[D/2m]*Ln(1/R)

For someone, the risk of ruin is more than 0.5% unacceptable. In this case, i agree that they are playing extremely tight.

It is usually good to choose R=0.02 - 0.05, which corresponds to 2%-5%

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Bankroll management is a rule to be applied without fail.

Concerning psychology, before starting to play, you have to be aware that you play for the tong turn, you have to be convinced that in poker you always suffer from bad beats and that a bad beat is not an exception but something that accompanies us regularly and we must think about making the best possible decision in each spot.

The worst mistake that impacts the mind is when you put an objective on the short turn. For example, you register for a tournament and you put an ITM objective or the final table...

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's more important to play when you're lucky, no matter if you're a good or bad player.