Pay all in pre flop with AK same color or not?

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way

in my opinion NO
Reason being a pair of twos beats you
Sure you have outs
But still it’s a bad play

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on what situation, what stack, stage of the tournament and opponent. Long and a lot you can talk on this topic)))

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on stack sizes. If the person that went all in has more chips then you and you are not in the money, this may sound weird but I might actually consider folding.

K

kidhudson96

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In reality, the chance of winning with AK's hand is not so much depends on the size of your stack and your opponents, as well as your position on the table. The drawing of this hand depends on what tactics you play. For example, I play aggressively, so this is one of my favorite hands, and very often I press all-in on pre flop.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone ever says that poker is dead, point them to this thread

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on how many players call, and how much the person went all in at pre-flop.
I would Call AKo , if nobody went, just a showdown between you and the person that went all in. its a good chance to make a double-up with your chips, or getting the opponents chips.
All-in with 30BB , and you have twice of half more than the allin raise, i would definitely call and hope for the best.
2 or more calls i would fold this 80% of the time

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a drawing hand and is a slight underdog to any pair. Unless I'm very short stacked I would advise against going all in with this hand.

M

MrSamsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like this is such bad logic, it most certainly is a shoving hand, especially in short-stack late tournament situations. Rec's shove and 3-bet with so much Ax's you'd be hemorrhaging money not to call or shove over a 3-bet in the majority of situations with this hand

JobyPoker

JobyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't overplay it

I'd say shoving with/ calling a 1 bet all in pre flop deep is fine, but calling all in early in a tournament is pretty weak with AK.

Elvin771

Elvin771

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If same you probably won't but not same color cards not helping everytime:cool:

MrGrace

MrGrace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a tuff call and my answer would change in a lot of different situations, blinds, stack,what players are betting before me,rebuy,sit n go. But it is the 3rd best hand pre flop so go with what you feel and hope they don't have AA or KK and you hit. Good luck...

S

stamark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a small stack it's a definite shove. With a good stack you have to control the pot and don't overplay it

N

nittany182

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How I would play it... Depends on chip stack and position... If I am short definite shove. If I am medium/average stack with no other action, 2-3x raise. If I am calling a raise, how much my chips would be out there? And how many people behind me? If I am closing the action, I tend to slow play. I may be wrong though, and that is why I am stuck in the micros and freeplays.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i ussually calls, but it dependes on my stack and how late in the tourney