Optimal DoN finish, 4th and 5th?

P

pobe27mo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play DoNs (so I haven't played around w numbers enough to know what is right & what is wrong... but have a little bit of an idea).
Personally I don't see anything wrong with BTN shove... .but the call is real bad imo. ("if" BTN knows that SB will call down way too wide (incorrectly) bein' 'icm dumb', then I guess it's a bad shove??... but if he thinks SB has a clue, I'm pretty sure that shoving is correct there (I could be wrong.. see above).
I would say the shove is a little loose given there is one player with 3BB left, but borderline.
But the call is really bad. I think the $EV calculations would say the SB should fold QQ and maybe even KK.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The call was worse than the shove, I agree. However, I would not shove in that spot in the first place as I said. He took that unnecessary risk and he paid for it.

Both of the players had shown to be loose. That was probably already the 5th or 6th (possibly more) that BTN has had. SB (early big stacker) had called him once with TJ before that and doubled him up.

Again, I don't have a problem with open shoving with A3os from BTN per se, but in that particular situation, it was a bad move.

At the time, I folded and switched over to Facebook for a minute, and was shocked that a few secs later I got a congratulations popup screen. I had to check the HH to see what happened.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lower variance, but likely a lower $ per game, so unless you play a billion of them at once, you may as well not bother.
Agree on this, i really can´t put much volume so was not for me.

Here is a basic chart that get from 2+2 time back, maybe help to someone.

Equity Chart dons

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
But the call is really bad. I think the $EV calculations would say the SB should fold QQ and maybe even KK.
^ exactly.... 'but' obv. guy in SB has no clue (maybe a more interesting question would be.... what's our shove range in this spot otb with a fish in SB who's icm dumb)

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both of the players had shown to be loose.

This is the most important and should immediately tell you to not follow their play. If button was solid and knew SB was loose, then the shove was bad. Shoving ranges vastly differ based on calling probabilities of players left to act.

[ ] DoN are high variance
[ ] DoN are high ROI
[x] DoNs can be profitable if you can 12+ table (at least two years ago)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 17
blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow very nice job. 12 tables at once is hardcore. I only play DoNs as a switch up if I am on a bad run. And so far I am no good at multitabling.

After 106 games of $1 DoN's, I've won $10 lol. With the 2c rakeback per game, my actual profit is a little higher than $10 but it's def not worth the time if I was doing fine at cash.