Online Microstakes MTTs strategy

R

Rjk2021

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all!

New to playing MTTs, in all of these freeroll tournaments what is your strategy?

Playing with 25BB or less has me really scratching my head most of the time when I get near the bubble.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 25BB remaining, the strategy is now called “Raise or Fold.” As soon as an opponent in front of or behind you raises or 3-bets, you go all-in or fold. All-in, of course, you only go with acceptable cards. The "Call" button is now disabled for you. Pay special attention to the players with small stacks. Against them, you need a good hand, because they are just waiting for the moment to either double up or fly out.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all!

New to playing MTTs, in all of these freeroll tournaments what is your strategy?

Playing with 25BB or less has me really scratching my head most of the time when I get near the bubble.

In "Become a Winning Poker Player in 30 Days" here at cardschat, one of the lessons teach us how to play with low stacks. Its really nice.

R

Rjk2021

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In "Become a Winning Poker Player in 30 Days" here at cardschat, one of the lessons teach us how to play with low stacks. Its really nice.

Okay awesome. I’m new to CardsChat, I’ll check it out

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey all!

With a 25-50 BB stack, they don't even need to put themselves in this predicament. In the big blind, we all have to play a wide and weak range out of position, but inexperienced players in such a situation often only exacerbate their situation.The biggest mistake these under-25BB players make is that they call too often in situations where they need to either push or fold. As we've seen from the deeper stack examples, these players choose to call and watch the flops because comparing their starting hand to the board's cards is funIn fact, these players simply do not want to risk their stay in the tournament. But they don't understand that calling other people's preflop raises with such hands and then folding them on the flop 2 times out of 3, when they fail to catch on community cards, is an even greater risk. By playing this way, they greatly reduce their chances of doubling up to a decent stack when they are lucky enough to win the comparison.