Nuts flush at Turn

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CC freeroll yesterday. first level, 3rd hand.
I opened with Ah8d 2.5x from UTG,
MP+BTN+SB Called.
F-4h6hTh SB bets pot me with my Nuts 9 Outs I called. MP+BTN folded
Turn- 5h, SB went 1/2 pot, I wanted to raise him here but according to my notes he is very agg and bluffs alot. So holding the second nuts after a straight flush I wanted him to dig up his grave.
R- 4s, He moves allin, just what I expected since he did it two times in a row.
I called, Bruno holds 6d4d. wtf

Should I have reraised the Turn or shoved it? Here is what I thought, The pot isnt big enough and I will reraise the river.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your play was right against an aggressive and bluffy opponent. If you raise turn, he will likely fold his bluffs. So you call to keep in the bluffs in his range which is the best line, even if occasionally he has a full house draw and hits it as happened here.

While you played very well post-flop, I would suggest folding A8o pre-flop from early position.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your play was right against an aggressive and bluffy opponent. If you raise turn, he will likely fold his bluffs. So you call to keep in the bluffs in his range which is the best line, even if occasionally he has a full house draw and hits it as happened here.

While you played very well post-flop, I would suggest folding A8o pre-flop from early position.
Well, I do fold rag Aces most of the time unless Btn/SB/BB. The whole idea was to change my strategy and mix up my range to improve my stats.

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I read this thinking A8o UTG surely this is not a discussion, just fold. Pleased the legend Collin Moshman agreed.

Full Flush Poker