***November SNG Thread***

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess goals are a good thing, so here goes:

1) Play. Aim for 300 SNGs in the month at least.
2) Get totally comfortable 4-tabling and maybe strive to reach 6 by the end of the month.
3) profit (not a great goal considering so much of whether I can profit is linked to variance).
4) track my results in a somewhat efficient manner.
Well, I came close. Even though it's not the end of the month, I doubt I'll be playing much for a few days. Damn school being so important...

But:
1) minor failure. played 255 games so far.
2) failure. Still not terribly comfortable with 4-tables. Something to continue working on
3) success, kind of. ~15% ROI, kind of awful given the games I play, but I've been running pretty bad for the last 1.5 weeks
4) success. OPR is pretty much all I need for generic results. More process oriented results are already tracked via HH's and such from PT3.

So, onward to December! Hopefully it will be an improvement on this month :)

MrEpic94

MrEpic94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, going to go to fulltilt and try there SNGs. I mean no harm in seeing which are better for profits, plus my volume on stars will only get me the same amount of rakeback in december so site choice will be based purely on roi.

I lied, lol. Been mulling it over in my head and have decided I just love MTT too much. So compromise with not having millions of $ to handle swing while playing MTT poker. 180 man SNGs.

What are your guys thoughts?

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I came close. Even though it's not the end of the month, I doubt I'll be playing much for a few days. Damn school being so important...
...eeeehh, but today IT IS the end of the month. (Nov. only have 30 days):)

What games are you playing?, 15% looks more than good (maybe you are playing 45´s?), grats on your month.

---

I was so lazy this month, end the month 6-tabling and still play less games than should.

Make the jump to the $5´s so let´s see how this end.

1.-300 S&G´s (at least 250)
2.-Maintain Iron Man
3.-Start table selection
4.-4-tabling
5.-Profit
1.Fail, not reach even 250 (241)
2.Succes, lose Silver but could maintain bronze, with that volume im surprise.
3.Succes, getting familiar with some names there, still can improve.
4.Succes, end 6-tabling.
5.Succes, end with 10% ROI

Not satisfied with the volume, but i feel good with profit and improvements in my game.

December should be a blast, plan to punish me in volume early to can have free some days at end of month.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
goals for November

1. profit-Pass barely weak 5% ROI
2. play at least 500 stt's(400 on ps and 150 on ft)-pass/fail played
over 600 stt's but barely 40 at ft

3. Qualify for BOP-Failed
4. post more hands in HA-Failed think I posted 1 hand.

Basically it was a horrible month on to December!

Bwammo

Bwammo

DragTheBar Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hm, poker goals for the month...sure I'll do that:

1. 450 of the $55+5 9-mans on FTP
2. 12-16 live tournaments(in vegas)
3. 40 hours of coaching
4. 2 DTB vids

As for the playing without lookin' at ur cards idea, yes it's a reaaaaaaally good thing to test out. Even the really tight folks who try it will start opening up a little more.

1. Hilarious fail, only put in 73 games.
2. Success, played 12 tourneys in vegas
3. massive success, I coached 30 hours+ last week alone, total of 60+ hours coaching
4. semi fail, only made 1 new DTB vid focusing on breaking down the weird plays I do

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...eeeehh, but today IT IS the end of the month. (Nov. only have 30 days):)

What games are you playing?, 15% looks more than good (maybe you are playing 45´s?), grats on your month.
Yeah, playing 45's and 180's. I ran @76% ROI in October over 265 games, which is probably high...but I'm given to understand something in the 40's should be consistently obtainable.

Bwammo's quote reminded me...does anyone know of some software I can use to hide my hole cards? I still want to do the tourney without looking sometime.

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, going to go to fulltilt and try there SNGs. I mean no harm in seeing which are better for profits, plus my volume on stars will only get me the same amount of rakeback in december so site choice will be based purely on roi.

Great idea, fails in practice though, variance. fwiw, if you play just a few games at a time choosing a smaller site would be better because the fields are much softer

This thread is amazing:

http://www.dragthebar.com/poker-forums/showthread.php?p=26117#post26117

Gives formulas for determining risk of ruin/standard deviation/other fun things. Glad I found this because I was planning on going through my old math text books :icon_puke

Hey Wizzim did you happen to get that bank roll chart thingo from someone associated with DTB?

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello November.

My goals for this month:

1. 50 SNGs
2. Profit
3. Focus more on individual hands while playing 2 SNGs at a time

1. Fail. Only 35 this month. Need to play more simultaneously, regardless of how well/poor I am doing.
2. Succeed. Approx 52% ROI on the $2 tables. I have no idea if that is sustainable or not.
3. Succeed. Now I need to add a 3rd table consistently, even if I am ITM in the other two.

Since I am moving in December, I won't have much time at all to play. I'll be back and ready to crush in '11!!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
  1. Play 8-12 live tournmaments at Venetian and Aria.
  2. 50 mtt's (weak I know but missing so many days)
  3. 150 sng's
  4. 3 sng coaching sessions
  5. Be ready to move back to the $11's by Dec
  1. Succeed - I think I played 8, maybe 9.
  2. Fail - only played 36 but made up for it with extra sng's
  3. Succeed - 371!!
  4. Succeed - had exactly 3 coaching sessions
  5. Yet to be seen - toyed with them in Nov then switched to turbos
Gonna have some lofty goals for December!!

Clambake420

Clambake420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeaaaaah its over. Haha i failed every single one of my goals.
November->:icon_puke

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Completed about half my goals, which is decent. Played more games than expected and thought I was being rather slack about it, put in 1050 SnG/MTT games and 5900 hands in cash, for a total net profit of $1500, which I'm glad about. Moved up to the $12 45 too. Lots of seemingly good players, some of which are admittedly better than me but many soft players. Heck I got HU, villain had a 2:1 chip lead, I pushed about 10 times in a row before he decided to call and in the mean time he wasn't pushing much at all, so stole half his stack until he decided to snap me of with Q7

Yeah, playing 45's and 180's. I ran @76% ROI in October over 265 games, which is probably high...but I'm given to understand something in the 40's should be consistently obtainable.

Bwammo's quote reminded me...does anyone know of some software I can use to hide my hole cards? I still want to do the tourney without looking sometime.

Not sure if 40's is sustainable. From what I've been told, the best could achieve such results when the games were softer.

Just put a sticky thing on top of the card, works well. I found it rather boring as I've realized lot of the stuff I do doesn't depend much on the cards. 6-max cash was fun though, lots of 3-bets, so was winning a friendly bet with a friend that I couldn't beat a random at a SnG HU without looking at my cards(I got lucky with that one though, shoved over a seemingly bs bet otf, he snaps with 2-pair and somehow the money went to me:confused:)

Last edited:
P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lied, lol. Been mulling it over in my head and have decided I just love MTT too much. So compromise with not having millions of $ to handle swing while playing MTT poker. 180 man SNGs.

What are your guys thoughts?

Depends if the money is important. 100 BI downswings is far from un-normal. Check out that thread I posted, will let you work out the chance of losing your roll and shows what sort of swings to expect. You'll need a decent sample though

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 - >$1000 from SNGs
2 - ^^

didnt quite make it but happy with it

Profit = 840

DisplayGraph

DisplayGraph