Not All Freerolls are created equal - how to rate them?

B

bettywoods

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot of freerolls on several poker sites. I have tried to build a matrix that would help me analyze the various freeroll with a view to rating them comparatively. Here is a list of objective factors which can be used in the matrix.

1. Total prize money (TPM)
2. Number of places paid (PP)
3. Average prize value (APV)
4. Average number of entrants |(AE)
5. Average time to get in the money (AITM)
6. Average time to complete the event (ACT)

Using these factors I intend to build a matrix which encompasses one freeroll from each of the sites that I play on

SITE FREEROLL ID TPM PP APV AE AITM ACT

unibet

poker stars
party poker

888POKER

intertops

ACR

NATURAL8

PLAYNOW

My question is this; are there any other factors which i should include?

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think an important factor is the late registration time, I do not know about all poker sites, but most of the free tournaments in ACR have a long late time, I know that for other sites some the late registration is 20-30 minutes, It also depends on the tournament

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play so many freerolls in a large number of poker rooms, then you probably should have real money in the cash registers of these rooms, maybe it would be better to play tournaments with a minimum of 1$ ?
I usually do this, but I only play in one poker room.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I like all the factors you've laid out for evaluating freerolls on various sites. I only really play on one site (ACR), so I'm familiar and evaluate the freerolls I have access to and take all those different factors into account. For example, CC freerolls are great for many reasons including a decent payout if you get ITM. On the other hand, there's often $100 freerolls hosted by Twitch streamers where the prize is great since only top 3 get paid, but the fields are big, it's super turbo, and it's a very long late registration for a freeroll, so I know those usually aren't worth my time.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not understand why you complicate everything so much ....
After all, you can just play, have fun and build a bankroll. :)
The only thing you really need is patience.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
I would also highlight the public freerolls, these are those freerolls the password for which you can get in social networks, a large number of idiots play there, for which I hate these freerolls.
Ha ha ha
I can't understand why you need this?

blake2702

blake2702

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It will be very interesting to see your matrix!!​

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would heavily weight the fast blinds freerolls (like at 888) as the biggest negative factor. Very little poker play in these as it is a survival all in fest where any 2 cards win a lot of pots.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You show good selection factors, but not all of them have value. I think it's right to retain:

The number of participants.
The size of the prize fund of the tournament

These are the 2 main factors that you should pay attention to when choosing a freeroll :), I think this is not news....

When you see large payouts for the top-3 and small prizes further, you should not throw such tournaments, it is worth going to the purpose and trying to win the tournament or take the top-3, rather, than choosing tournaments where the prize fund is distributed more evenly in all line. It is also worth considering the comfort of the game, this is the start time of the tournament and its completion + the pleasure of playing in different poker rooms. You can say, that the tables are the same everywhere, yes!, but the clients are very different and sometimes the game does not give any pleasure and even free tournaments do not help to open the client for the game....

There is another factor, but I can't say for sure, because not I and no one knows whether it exists or not.... This is the distribution of cards and how tournaments are held, it is necessary to observe and compare it, but I have an opinion, that different clients, deal cards and hold tournaments in very different ways... And pokerstars, which is the biggest, largest and which everyone loves, is far from the best and ideal for playing... but....

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a lot of freerolls on several poker sites. I have tried to build a matrix that would help me analyze the various freeroll with a view to rating them comparatively. Here is a list of objective factors which can be used in the matrix.

Using these factors I intend to build a matrix which encompasses one freeroll from each of the sites that I play on

UNIBET

POKER STARS
PARTY POKER

888POKER

INTERTOPS

ACR

NATURAL8

PLAYNOW

If freerolls are of interest to a player as a source of income, you need to find poker rooms where fewer players are competing for the prize pool. In large companies, the duration of the competition can be up to 6 hours, while in beginner rooms, these games are much faster. Freerolls should be viewed not as a serious tournament, but as a preparatory stage that should be passed before entering the fight with experienced players.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

UNIBET

POKER STARS
PARTY POKER

888POKER

INTERTOPS

ACR

NATURAL8

PLAYNOW

My reply isn't intended to sound harsh, so please don't take it that way.

IMO - your putting too much brain power behind it - they are just freerolls. Play the ones you want - build your roll - so you don't have to play freerolls anymore. :)

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice stats option to check about freerolls tournaments! i normally see TPM and players average only.. but time of late register its a diferential in any cases..[emoji1690][emoji122]

Freeroll Passwords