Nice Annette Obrestad MTT Article

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed how general this advice is. It should be taken that way too. Poker is so situational that applying the same strategy for every tourney really hampers your effectiveness. There are times when playing tight is an advantage and other times it won't work. But I think that this goes with the current pattern of MTT players being much looser than they were a couple of years ago. It was a nice article and I enjoyed reading it.

razin-n-blazin

razin-n-blazin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i do not see it as a necessity to build your stack in the beginning. as long as you wait for good hands you will be fine

You have to play the good hands correctly as well. Sometimes when I try the strategy of just waiting for good hands I find myself playing catch up almost the entire time...Like I finally have AK and I have 10 BB let's shove. So I win the blinds and antes and now I'm pretty much where I was before. Then twenty hands later it's repeat the process. Until I can do this three or four times in a row it's tough to get to a comfortable spot on the leaderboard. Sometimes this strategy backfires.

I generally favor playing more pots early where it is comparatively cheap considering what you start with. Good to establish table image early, as well as getting reads. I also find that some people in the low limit MTT's have a win big or go home attitude early in the tourney. You don't need big cards all the time to take advantage of that and build a nice stack early.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She forgot to mention how many 1000 hrs she spent kibizing. That's probably why she is so good at determine what kind of player she is up against.
She also forgot to mention how unbeliviable tight she can play, when its called for.

JaBone30

JaBone30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice article and helpful if ur very new but mostly basic.

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did not see in the article any comment on tyhe program she uses to analze game. Any hints on what software she uses?

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i played a lot at ps with her and most of the tips she gave she doesnt play that way.

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She forgot to mention how many 1000 hrs she spent kibizing. That's probably why she is so good at determine what kind of player she is up against.
She also forgot to mention how unbeliviable tight she can play, when its called for.

what do you mean by "kibizing"?annette is an tournament miracle.so i am very interesting in how she play.

in Skidmark's thread he said he played a lot at ps with annette.i want to know how to find her and play with her?

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what do you mean by "kibizing"?annette is an tournament miracle.so i am very interesting in how she play.

in Skidmark's thread he said he played a lot at ps with annette.i want to know how to find her and play with her?

Ok, I know you all want to belive the "miracle" picture that media sends out, about this little girl that came from nowhere and made millions never depositing.
She is one of the most talented players, and she did do it, but it wasnt a miracle, she ate, lived and dreamt poker. How do I know this? I asked her when she was playing.
Kibitzing: railing

If you want to find her you can search on her screen name: annette_15
She is often playing big tourneys on all the big sites.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love points 4, 8, and especially 10...you can gain a lot of chips in the bubble mode but she is right, if you get played back at , it can cost you chips...and it is all relevant on chip stacks

N

n2kfactor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a very good article.Thanks for posting. Its incredible that she manages to play so well at such a young age.Way to go girl!

M

MIKECRUMBS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
amazing play

i find that i am a really good at live no limit games in the past 2 years i have not walked away from a session down. that might be just because i dont leave intiil im up or it could be that you dont lose a 90% favorite 3 times in a row. my strategy is raise and dont stop pushing with the best hand. slow playing is over rated

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

her sn on stars is annette_15. u can use the find player search to find her.
i guess she uses same or very similar sn on ft also.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha,i still cant understand "railing".i am not native english speaker.so i look into my english dictionary,but cant catch exectly what it means.
thank you for your message,i will find annette.

It means spectating, watching her play, observing her from the stands.

DonkeySmash

DonkeySmash

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great Read thank you very much between Annette and Shaun Deeb They are the best online players in my opinion.

THank you
DonkeySmash:cool:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

You'll find her on Fulltilt often playing the big Sunday tournaments... Annette_15
You'll also find her on the higher buyin level PLO tables.

As far as this article not being some in-depth analysis of NLHE tournament play,... what would one expect in a generalized 10pt. couple hundred word deal? It's intent obviously wasnt' to discuss finer detailed play. Pretty sure it covered what was intended for the target audience it was meant for.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
her sn on stars is annette_15. u can use the find player search to find her.
i guess she uses same or very similar sn on ft also.

You'll find her on Fulltilt often playing the big Sunday tournaments... Annette_15

She is one of the contract pros at betfair Poker and features in their advertising.

I hadn`t realised that she also plays openly at other sites. That is a little unusual. Normally, a poker room that signs a pro expects them to be loyal, or at least to be discreet.

D

Danilang

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for posting this article; I think it is useful

D

deumsac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think she's coming from the standpoint that if you open raise with less than 15BB and someone shoves, it's absolutely standard to call unless the shover is a nit. It's an exception to the rule or something.

Just curious, but what is a "nit"?