New table - do you take time to get to know the table or just dive in?

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The success of the game and the level of income that you can claim at the tables will depend on the chosen approach in poker. poker strategy is a set of deliberate decisions during the game. Position at the table is very important in poker. The button is considered the most profitable because it allows you to act last on every street. Since poker is a game of incomplete information, the player makes decisions based on a probabilistic approach. It is recommended to play aggressively and only 9-max tables.

rvicente13

rvicente13

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that someone can always have a note of mine, so at any table I always try to play in a similar way, without showing enough for the villain to catch me.. always waiting for good hands and avoiding getting out of control, bluffing at the exact moments with people right

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It depends, but I usually take the time to take a quick look at how people play at the new table, but this is usually settled after just a few hands.

A

allfarewells

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I to play a little passively when sitting at a new table but it gets hard to do this on pokerstars sometimes because they switch you into different tables every 10 mins 🤦‍♂️ I think sometimes the way that their site works it’s better to play the cards than the people but on a whole I’d say get to know the table first it’s the best way, providing they don’t switch you every 10 mins like me 😂😂

Much love
Danny
🙏❤️

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
when ever youre playing poker if it is long tourney you would want to recognize which players are passive, aggressive, and tight then set a strat based on that

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When you are moved to another table and half of the players have 2-3 times more chips, then there is little good in this.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play instantly , I do not watch the table , to see the image of the other players or whatever . No time for this when I play many tables on pc or whe i play on mobile . But if I am deep in a tourney or sng , then au start watching the action , I am more carefull about what kind of opponents i an against to

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I just dive in and play my best.

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm in a normal state (not sleepy and positive), for the first 20 minutes I look around and study the players, enter the game only with a strong hand and in position.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In tourneys (where you are moved regularly) I try to play solid poker, according to position.

Only a donk would ignore getting a feel for the table in cash games. You can believe you're Tom Dwan, all you want...you're only deluding yourself.
If there's a maniac at the table, you're going to be under pressure from the get go. It's either going to be a very short session or you get lucky.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, fist steps on the table are pretty much about the investigation. Of course with cards you could do your thing, but later on its just so much easier to do specific outplays which could be working against specific opponents, if they force you to play another game with them. The most important is to focus on yourself, but you really need to open your eyes and see who are the ones who strenghten and weaken your game. :)

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It’s nice to get to know the table a bit but if I have decent cards I’m playing the cards not the people.