New table - do you take time to get to know the table or just dive in?

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
I usually get a bit more passive when seated at a new table unless I get a solid hand. But maybe by being more aggressive you make a statement, not sure.

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don’t alter my play right away but will adjust as I play

Qubert

Qubert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I so wnat to become a good player but I am afraid to start. Some day I will be braave enough to just dive in. For now I just watch.

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I so wnat to become a good player but I am afraid to start. Some day I will be braave enough to just dive in. For now I just watch.
It takes time, play free rolls and get comfortable:) and always feel free to inquire here, this is a very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly community

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Definitely dive in. This way players who were already there can take time (or not) ...

T

thaskibbmasiv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
i usually dive straight in on the first hand its like a moron and then if im not knocked out il slow down and play properly

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play my basic game, but being extra careful with very aggressive plays.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually get a bit more passive when seated at a new table unless I get a solid hand. But maybe by being more aggressive you make a statement, not sure.
Usually when I change tables I like to feel the atmosphere in the first few hands, then I start to attack, but always with patience and a lot of strategy.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you are talking about cash game, I like to watch how the table is playing and if I see players I want to play against, I join, if it doesn't look juicy I leave and open another table to watch how they play

P

plusia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
no, I don't really care who my opponent is

Markiizas

Markiizas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
LT
Chips
Most of the time I dive in, but if I have a lot of chips and I see possibilities to take some prize places sure I am taking some time to get well players at new table.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
at the new table, you should prove yourself to be a strong and aggressive player with a strong hand and everyone will play with you very carefully. You can use this because you are a new player at the table they don't know you you don't know them use it:)

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Problem with moving tables is you lose you Image, so I usually thighten up a bit

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I identify the worst player at the table and always force on him, to double up.

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Do you have the time? Not only that you have to have the opportunity to play numerous hands yourself and to follow many flops of others - in many tournaments you are often driven from table to table and don't really have time to get an impression.

You shouldn't change your game either, there's no reason for that! However, it is the case that I fold if one or two players go all-in in the first hand, especially if this is the case relatively early in a tournament.

V

vivili171

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to be very aggressive at the hand tables, it doesn't matter if I arrived now, plus the bad thing about online poker and that sometimes we have good carats, but the site makes a mess and we lose. I don't know how there are players who call a tri bet with 3 4. online always has

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Poker is a game of incomplete info... so yes I want as much info as I can get, this is especially true on cash tables:cool:

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I'm never in a hurry and I'm patient, that's my strength.
I try to watch the game of my opponents and always study their game. I am of the opinion that the better I know my opponent, the more chances I have to make the right decision.
Good luck.

PokerEdge

PokerEdge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
I won't hold back when I get to a new table. I think the HUD plays a big role online in this case, because based on a lot of important stats and reads, I'll know right away who I'm up against.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't need more than 5-10 hands to get a good feeling of the table, so... Always ready to dive in.

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If we talk about a cash game, it depends on the limit. I'm ready to put all-lyn on micro from the third hand. In other cases, I sit for a long time and wait for strong hands.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually wait a couple of rounds of BB to see how the other players are acting. In the first rounds, I usually try to play in a conservative way and then adjust myself to the table.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just start playing. Online poker is actually quick game. And i don't have enough attention to play and get to know with the players.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just dive in. You have to play your baseline strategy then adjust as you know more about the players you are facing. If you play too cautious initially you could be losing value

Stanley Aguiar

Stanley Aguiar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to know the table, but if the cards are good, I dive in.