darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think limp often is not a good play, but if that is a strategy, there is someway to use it. I mean you don't go all in every time you receive AA or KK, there's always a strategy. So sometimes is a good play to limp but most of them is not. You must to know when use it.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have to have many tools in our tool box to increase our ROI--Raising the correct ranges in the correct places- 3 betting.... Flatting raises..... and of course limping-the correct ranges in the correct spots vs the correct Villains--- When we limp AA we are not targeting all the players on the table we are targeting the aggressive players- So if the only aggro player folds before we act we never limp AA- If we have 76ss UTG1 and aggro is yet to act we can limp that because we expect to get raised by a wide range and that raise will fold out most other players- and we can play HU vs that weak range post flop with a skill advantage--- the key to limping is winning pots without hitting a hand or trying to hit big hands and getting stacks post flop-

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This thread is very interesting to lear what folks impressions are of limping hands. I don't have anything to offer the conversation as I'm still new, but this is very helpful to read and think about. Thanks!

siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like this strategy, because after hitting the flop, if the bet paid was just the limp, low value, there's no problem in folding.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see such a strategy profitable in distance tournaments. Very often, playing a lot of hands and hands in this way we will fall under domination. Any statistics will show that this way we will only play in the red. If you only want to play for fun then play and get it.