Need your opinion on this fold

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is where knowing your opponents and assigning ranges really comes in handy. You have to know what UTG is opening with and what UTG+1 is calling with. And as everyone says, this is why we raise with QQ in the cutoff unless we're facing two of the nittiest old men ever to play poker. Again on the flop, if you know what ranges your opponents shove and call here with it make it an easier fold or call. If you have zero info then I'm fine with the fold. There's lots to hate on this super wet board and even if you're ahead currently you often have to fade 15 outs twice.

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your call is wrong. Fold or raise. that's what I always do. cause your hand is good to play

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry to hear about your luck. You would hear about these experiences more on a freeroll. Seems to me that game had many loose players. I wondered how long the two lasted (well the one lasted since that person went all in)

J

jokr23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was a good choice to fold. Especially if you thought they had a flush and they were going to beat your hand. Just unfortunate after the fact knowing you could have won the hand had you stayed in.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
You had 3 diamonds on the Flop. I also would have Folded. That the Clowns didnt have the cards they should is no argument. Fold all the way! . :deal:

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
reraise them dnt just call, but since you just called fold is good decision here

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it was early in a tourney, you should have shoved preflop.

Especially if you could re-buy, or re-enter. And if it was possible to re-buy, or re-enter, and you were worried about doing that, then you shouldn't have been in that game anyway.

Diamond flop will freeze most anyone, so shoving with the pair of 3's could easily be a calculated risk, he has outs after all.

psmcb

psmcb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think

Some days ago, I was playing a live tournament here in my city. I was in the Cutoff holding QhQs, the utg raised about 4bb, and only the utg+1 called, and everyone folded, so I called too, and the players after me also folded, so it was me against 2 players. The flop came: 3d 7d 9d, and the first guy to act moved all in, then the second guy also moved all in, so the action came to me, I stopped for a minute and thought a lot, I was really struggling to put them on a hand, but i concluded that they could have been in either straight, flush, or set of trips, and as none of my queens was a diamond one, I thought it was better to fold. So I did it, and they went to the showdown, they were with like with Js3h and 10c7c. I was like: f*ck, i could've tripled up. So, what do you think of my fold in this case?

in principle, the right thing, there could be KK and AA , but sometimes when I feel the need to go to the end. Because this is a live tournament, and not the pokerstars . And I have a question to you . You won the tournament or lost?

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you dont know anything about ops it's a good fold.
(you could have raise PRF but thats anoither story)
your anger is understandable but I would advise looking at this hand like this: "how often will you in this situation wil bee absolutely crushed?" yes you got 2 freaks to play with you but if you have a caller most likely atleast 1 has flush on nut flush dro. there is no need to commit all you chips to something so wobbly.

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your fold here were correct, your opponents just had luck one this time. If you wanted to took this bank, you must be to go all-in on pre-flop.

Jim Brown

Jim Brown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played I would fold.
What were the stack sizes?
I would 3bet preflop

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on your stack size and the way they played that hand I don't think it was that bad of a fold, I would be so worried one of them had KK, or AA based on the pre-flop raises. But considering you had the best hand it was a bad fold and you should feel bad.

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yout preflop play was wrong..You should 3bet with pair of Q and then see and decide what to do

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem with this hand analysis about QQ is not the fold but the call to the player that raised the pot as well as a call by another player.

The least you can do is probably 3-bet a significant portion of your chips to really see how it plays out.

If somebody goes all-in, you have a chance to get out of the hand.

D

DAMAN74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it the right play but maybe you will watch see about info on how they play (loose or tight ) might help decision in the future

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You make he right desicion folding after the flop diamonds, but the better desicions maybe can be re raise or all in before flop and avoid that situation in the flop.

E

edcwy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with DJ11, shove in the early game. But as you called, in that circumstance, a fold is reasonable given the flush draw on the board. Still would like to know the table image of UTG. UTG+1 should have raised if they had anything, so more than likely on a draw or mid pair.

Folding in Poker