Mystery Bounty

W

wellalmeida

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What type of strategy do you use in a Mystery Bounty format tournament?

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually play like any other format, I just go more aggressive in a bounty tournament when a big bounty is forced all in and I want that bounty. Mystery you can't even know how much you going to win.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Play very safe from the beginning, try to raise my stack x4 or x5 and then play much calmer than normal, these tournaments are slow and my thinking is like this: raise my stack and be more careful until I reach itm, after that Yes, I take more risks because the idea is also to eliminate players and win the mystery bounty.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play in these tournaments quite often, because I win a place in them, in freeroll satellites. To be honest, if we talk about a tournament with a buy-in of $1, then the strategy does not work there. There are just players who play with any kind of junk and everyone doesn't care. But if we talk about a tournament with a buy-in of $5.5, then the game there is more like a tactical and strategic one, the opponents usually behave adequately and in most cases the players play with normal, strong cards.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, there is not much of a strategy I suppose. It's merely trying to stay alive and take out those that you can. After all its a mystery just be happy that you can win some and maybe cash in on the regular prizes.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The strategy is the same as in regular tournaments, but when the bounty starts and I cover the player with a small stack, I expand my range of hands in the hope of picking up the bounty.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since you don't see the KO money, my tactics are similar to those of a regular tournament.

Y

Youvraj365

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MU
Chips
i use the same strategy in every holdem tournaments.
i have no other choice.

maybe in omaha i would have changed that a bit.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I usually play like any other format, I just go more aggressive in a bounty tournament when a big bounty is forced all in and I want that bounty. Mystery you can't even know how much you going to win.
How do you know that it's a big bounty which is going all-in?? 🤔🤔

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
  1. Early on, I play it safe:
    • Gotta protect that stack! I'm not going all-in with any two cards here. Just chillin', waiting for good hands and good spots.
  2. Once we hit mid-game, it's game on:
    • Time to get aggressive! People start hunting bounties, so I'm there, mixing it up, looking for spots to snag those hidden treasures.
  3. Bounty hunting tactics:
    • Big bounties are tempting, but they're also a magnet for trouble. Sometimes I go for the easy pickings—those players who are a bit too loose or too tight.
  4. Keep an eye on opponents:
    • Everyone's playing a bit crazy with those mystery bounties, so I'm watching like a hawk. If someone's going nuts, I might just set a trap for 'em.
  5. Stay nimble:
    • Flexibility is key. If my plan's not working, I'm switching it up. No time to get stubborn when there's money on the line!
  6. Survive and thrive:
    • Remember, it's not all about the bounties. Gotta make it to the final rounds to grab that real cash. So, I'm balancing the bounty hunting with good ol' solid poker.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if a player has a big reward, of course, I start hunting him, or if he doesn't have enough chips and I start putting more pressure on him, even with bad cards, to claim his reward. But if I don't see the reward, I just play like in a regular tournament and don't change anything

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I usually register in the middle of the tournament (in case I don't win the ticket), I try to win 4 or 5 times my initial stack as soon as possible to have security and be calmer in the tournament, in relation to winning a mysterybounty I only have patience because once activated the players can get wilder than normal

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
it is best to register from the very beginning and develop the stack)) in the bounty stage, you have to play more risky to knock out the player)))

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This type of tournament is new to statistical equity platforms, so in my humble opinion it is a mix of normal bounty and regular tournament in terms of range balance.

Maybe it will be a frantic initial search for the mystery bounty at the beginning of the tournament, then the ranges will be wider for everyone.

If the mystery bounty is released at the beginning of the tournament, if it is released when it is already in the money, the best strategy would be to have more chips to have a better chance of competing for the mystery bounty.