tournament poker I will play more then one but only if
I have to.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has its pros and cons. The larger the table, the less you notice. It is always easier to focus on one table. I prefer to play on the same table. For long periods of time, many players start to sleep before the screen because the monitor is happening few events. I prefer to include music and TV, and some open another table. If I get to the later stages in the Sunday Storm for that would cheer me play spin and go Sunda Million per ticket which is usually given at the beginning of the tournament. And a little Zoom. I drink coffee and it all helps me to fall asleep in front of his monitor.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Basically I play at the same time on two tables. Maybe because I have two monitors. If I play more than two tables, I lose concentration and make mistakes.
Good luck.

M

Monkeyfart1217

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on two tables on one monitor. I might start out with three or four if there cheap. Play aggressive until I'm down to two tables. Then play my game.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I prefer to play a single tournament table and sometimes when I don't have good hands, I open another table S&G 6 Max-Hyper and so I am entertained while I see how some players are being eliminated.

N

NotNegreanu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi Tabling

I generally prefer to play one table at a time so that I can concentrate on what my opponents are doing but lately I have been playing two at a time (not often, just occasionally and at that, only tournaments) and have been having pretty good results. I don't get to read the other players as well and I have to play more TAG at both tables. This is not my usual style as I am a LAG player most of the time.

What are your thoughts on the advantages and disadvantages of each and what do you prefer to play?

If you are playing to try to make actual money and not just playing for fun then you would actually need to go up to at least 3 tables in my opinion. But seeing that you most likely just play for fun 2 tabling is perfectly fine, just split your tables right down the middle of your monitor, or you could also get a second monitor and play 4 tables comfortably or just 1 table on each monitor if you have really poor eyesight.

W

whatafarse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 2 tables at once normally but if i am in a big sit n go ($50 or more) sometimes i like to just 1 table it and concentrate

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I usually play several tournaments at the same time, good maximum 4, but everything will be chaotic, if I'm in a tournaments that I consider very important for my deal just to concentrate on that tournament, but I always say that it depends on each player and that little to little you can get used to playing several tournaments at the same time, because it is not about saying ah look at all this because I am a poker player, if you are not accustomed to control several tables simultaneously you can make mistakes in your game

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally prefer to play one table at a time so that I can concentrate on what my opponents are doing but lately I have been playing two at a time (not often, just occasionally and at that, only tournaments) and have been having pretty good results. I don't get to read the other players as well and I have to play more TAG at both tables. This is not my usual style as I am a LAG player most of the time.

What are your thoughts on the advantages and disadvantages of each and what do you prefer to play?
i think playing a one table is best because you can focus on each player.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 tables at once is my lmit anymore I would be as well just throwing my money away.:):):)

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play the tables that you feel comfortable, do not miss out on the plays.

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like play 4 tables at a time (I already play 6 tables at a time, but I cannot see all tables at once), I prefer that because I have more action and I can pay attention to most actions on all tables and most of the time I have an idea of what the opponent might be doing.

When I play 3 tables at a time I already get caught up with one and will miss a turn on another table. How do you keep up with 6 at a time and not auto-fold? Do you use any software to bring the screen to the forefront at the table it is your turn at? Or do you use multiple monitors?