Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I used to play 9-12 tables when I was on my desktop and it was pre-black Friday. These days just 2-4 tables.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
prefer Multi-table..

I prefer one table low stakes/freeroll, and the other table being higher stakes.
Concentrating on two is easier, I know it doesn't make sense, but it works for me.
It may be that because my focus is split, I relax, one table at a time is too intense.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last edited by a moderator:
Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the game on 2 tables is optimal for me in terms of focus on the game and the actions of opponents. more than two tables have already reduced attention and I make more mistakes when playing

M

mikeyg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to have a few tables up at any time but like you say the focus is never the same as it is on a single table,i get lost if i have more than 4 tables as it seems to be constant bleeps and clicking buttons,and in to that trying to watch twitch and my minds melting.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly play on one table because I'm always so focused on the maximum. Sometimes I open another one but all I can do is follow. I used to play 5 or 6 tables at a time, but it's not very good in my opinion. You can not follow everything and you do not know how your opponents play during the game.

pabloT

pabloT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play several tables, and dude, to play only in an eternal way a tournament or in cash is not good at all, it is always good several style. :)

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have lost a few good hands playing 3 games at a time. Hit fold and the table changed lost a winning hand.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mainly play at the same table, because it is possible to take into account all the factors for making a decision. Sometimes I play on 2 tables at the same time.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9 tables of MTTs is about my maximum, I find fewer than 4 too slow. Will probably reduce table number if I get to higher buy ins where reads on opponents become more important

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi table

I useually play one table at a time if its a buy in, but for freerolls I have been at 4 tables at one time.

I am much more comfortablke and focus on 1 table no doubt, that is why I do it on buy in's.

But for the freerolls with so many all ins and bad beats and the maniacs, you have to almost be at more than 1 table to be able to get deep in one of the tournamnets.
I generally prefer to play one table at a time so that I can concentrate on what my opponents are doing but lately I have been playing two at a time (not often, just occasionally and at that, only tournaments) and have been having pretty good results. I don't get to read the other players as well and I have to play more TAG at both tables. This is not my usual style as I am a LAG player most of the time.

What are your thoughts on the advantages and disadvantages of each and what do you prefer to play?

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
I really think that playing more than one table at a time you lose focus concentration
and you may lose some of the action one player may be doing
Anyway, i play play one table every time
Rgds

THEBLUEJAYY

THEBLUEJAYY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally prefer to play one table at a time so that I can concentrate on what my opponents are doing but lately I have been playing two at a time (not often, just occasionally and at that, only tournaments) and have been having pretty good results. I don't get to read the other players as well and I have to play more TAG at both tables. This is not my usual style as I am a LAG player most of the time.

What are your thoughts on the advantages and disadvantages of each and what do you prefer to play?
the cheap .55 multi is a fun one holdem tables with one table dont add up to much in micro

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 tables is the perfect ammount for me unless its a final table then I'd prefer two, sometimes ill find myself in 7 or 8 tables during my schedule but i feel im not playing my best during these times.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play multi-tables at a time, up to 6-8 tables, depending on the value of the tournament.. I rarely play cash online, only LIVE

Multi Table is also better cause you get to see more hands and variance

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only time i play one table at a time is if the buy in is worth it otherwise i will play several

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play 3 or 4 , but I think they suffer I think Two, I can handle much better with a HUD.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends, I like, for example,play 4 at the same time, to enjoy the time to the maximum, since even at this number I can keep concentration

In my opinion, the ideal limit is the one you get keep your A+ game

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It really depend on the player whats best. I have play 3-4 tournament at a time and done fine but I also realize I can and do make more mistakes that way. I do seem ti go deeper and win more if I play one table at a time. Since I am trying to learn and become a better player I usually just stick to one table.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think you should either try to maximize your hourly winning or your fun.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i play more tables than one if there are tournaments that i can play at the same time. I figured out that I lose my focus like that, I think it's better one at a time if you can :)

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course MTT if you want to play seriously because you can play one tournament for hours and still don't ship it. Of course you can one table if it's big tournament and you need to be really focused for it. But for bankroll building you should MTT, better results, saves time.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can be at the same time at the tables, but the most comfortable at the two, at one very boring

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't forget to concentrate on how the table metagame is flowing as well. Some players see that a loose hand wins so they open up their range the next round. Not everyone is that good. But the mouse will try to pounce with their nit range, so watch out for that.