Multi table

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have to play multiple tables to be profitable in tournament poker? I don’t like playing more than two tables and even then I only want to play one. I find with variance I seem to only tread water and bounce between $0-$200 get a River away from moving up and crap out. Take today’s first tournament, $1 buy 187 players I get to the final table third in chips but lose it placing 6 because my 1010 runs into AK A hits, QQ runs into AK A hits, and finally my KK runs into AK and A hits. Then play a $5 blast we lose one player and it gets to all ins I have 2X the chips of my opponent we flip I have him dominated and lose twice.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same here, two works for me, I hate when we have to wait for a player because they are playing in multiple games.

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have to play multiple tables to be profitable in tournament poker? I don’t like playing more than two tables and even then I only want to play one. I find with variance I seem to only tread water and bounce between $0-$200 get a River away from moving up and crap out. Take today’s first tournament, $1 buy 187 players I get to the final table third in chips but lose it placing 6 because my 1010 runs into AK A hits, QQ runs into AK A hits, and finally my KK runs into AK and A hits. Then play a $5 blast we lose one player and it gets to all ins I have 2X the chips of my opponent we flip I have him dominated and lose twice.
Second tournament $5.50 PKO today pushed my trips (152bb)after the turn and my opponent floated on hope and hit his flush on the River.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The profit in poker does not depend on the number of tables, that you can play at the same time! * If we are talking about earning money and playing in +! Game In - of course depends on the number of simultaneous tables. Playing more, than 2 tables will negatively affect any player, because it is physically impossible to evaluate so much information at the same time and somewhere you will play poorly and make mistakes... It is impossible and wrong, when you lose, to blame a lot of tables every time. Of course, you may have made a few mistakes, but you should not forget about luck and if you are unlucky, it is very difficult to win the tournament)

But, of course, when you focus on one tournament, the table, it's easier to play for sure)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play only at one table in tournaments. Yes, and at the cash tables as well. The game always needs attention.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I currently have problems with the software or have no idea what the problem is, but if I play more than one table and then leave one of them, the software hangs immediately. But I can't just agree that it is always difficult for everyone to play several tables at the same time and also not that this should be the reason why you lose. I used to play with people at the tables who played from more than 10 to 20 tables at the same time and these people were very successful in most of the tournaments I saw. And I didn’t observe the ones who let the clock run either. there are people who do this regardless of whether they play at one or two tables. that you lose because you play at several tables, I don't think so, sometimes it's just wrong decisions that lead to it or you're just unlucky. Of course, nobody should play at more tables than they can and if that's just one, then you should stick to it

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like playing simultaneously at more than two tables, because every hand need focus and different strategies. By playing more than two you just raise the risk of loosing.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If I am playing tournaments where I have to pay the entrance: I prefer to play 1-2 tournaments to be more concentrated, but depending on the tournament and the importance that you are giving to that tournament, I only play one and so all my attention is on that single tournament, other times I play a tournament and simultaneously I play some sng HU or a spin and go

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing at 1 or 2 tables will not build up the distance. You will not be able to play with 100% ROI. You can get into the segment when you have no luck in a lot of tournaments in a row. Therefore, it is important to play up the distance and watch your results.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on what you mean by profitable. If you played one tournament a day but always cashed, then you're a "consistently profitable" player since your bankroll is consistently going up. But if you want to grow it by leaps and bounds, you'll either need to increase your stakes or increase your volume, meaning likely having to play more than 2 tables at a time.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing 1 table gets boring, 2 tables work fine and 4 tables is where I max out.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I usually play 2-3 tables at a time. For me, this is the optimal amount and I easily maintain concentration. But if the number of tables negatively affects your results then you should not continue to play like that.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ability to multi-tabular needs to be developed in oneself gradually. There are several different ways to improve this skill, and most likely not all of them will be to your liking. But before we plunge into the basics of multi-tabling and start clicking with the mouse on the screen at a crazy speed, let's take a look at all the disadvantages and advantages.More giveaways per hour Fast clearing of bonuses More than $ per hour The variance is smoothed out by the number of hands It will not be boringUsually, when newbies are just starting to play multi-tabling, they do not have enough attention and dexterity even for 4 tables. But after a while you will get used to it and will no longer imagine the game without opening at least 8 tables. Otherwise, you will be overtaken by simply deadly boredom and "the syndrome of non-standard play

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I only play 1-2 at a time, and I late reg everything.

My aim is LOW volume and HIGH rewards. ;)

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The profit in poker does not depend on the number of tables, that you can play at the same time! * If we are talking about earning money and playing in +! Game In - of course depends on the number of simultaneous tables. Playing more, than 2 tables will negatively affect any player, because it is physically impossible to evaluate so much information at the same time and somewhere you will play poorly and make mistakes... It is impossible and wrong, when you lose, to blame a lot of tables every time. Of course, you may have made a few mistakes, but you should not forget about luck and if you are unlucky, it is very difficult to win the tournament)

But, of course, when you focus on one tournament, the table, it's easier to play for sure)

LFC makes some great points, however I think each player is different. I DO believe that if you are doing other stuff while playing 2 or more tables - like watching a streamer, or browsing email/twitter/instagram/facebuuk etc etc - you are not paying enough attention to the poker.

For me personally I feel totally comfortable playing 6 MTT tables at the same time. I am however paying 100% attention to every table, and every player on my tables. I do not have any other distractions.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LFC makes some great points, however I think each player is different. I DO believe that if you are doing other stuff while playing 2 or more tables - like watching a streamer, or browsing email/twitter/instagram/facebuuk etc etc - you are not paying enough attention to the poker.

For me personally I feel totally comfortable playing 6 MTT tables at the same time. I am however paying 100% attention to every table, and every player on my tables. I do not have any other distractions.

Why are you quoting my message?? If you express your opinion, express it on your own behalf!!! and there is no need to focus on my message.

You write and tell not truth! Why are you deceiving yourself and other people?))) 6 MTT tables are at least 36 active players online! Sometimes it's 54 players. Not one person cannot carefully study and monitor each player, view each hand, study the betting lines..

Playing comfortably, studying, conducting statistics and analysis are different things! I can open 10 tables on a large wide monitor and play comfortably, but I will not be able to receive good and high-quality information from each table!

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like playing at multiple tables. Not a comfortable game. When you play at several tables, the way a robot responds to calls and raises without delving into the psychological essence of the game. Thus, you do not know when you can make a bluff and distinguish an opponent's bluff.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
2-3 tables should be enough , more i think it is pure gambling because you can folow the action and how everyone is playing

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Hello.
When I started, it was difficult for me to play even at one table. Now, after three years of playing, I can easily play even 5 tables. Over time, you will be able to gradually increase the number of tables and keep the concentration at the proper level.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Why are you quoting my message?? If you express your opinion, express it on your own behalf!!! and there is no need to focus on my message.

You write and tell not truth! Why are you deceiving yourself and other people?))) 6 MTT tables are at least 36 active players online! Sometimes it's 54 players. Not one person cannot carefully study and monitor each player, view each hand, study the betting lines..

Playing comfortably, studying, conducting statistics and analysis are different things! I can open 10 tables on a large wide monitor and play comfortably, but I will not be able to receive good and high-quality information from each table!

Hey LFC - you have some issues bubba.

I can count - I can run 6+ MTT tables at the same time easy - without distractions - and so can a LOT of other profitable players. Its unfortunate you can not.
Just because you can not - does not mean other players are unable to. Your own limitations in ability does not mean other players are unable to do things you can not.

Secondly I'm not deceiving anyone. You are deceiving yourself if you think your own personal limitations are the same as others.

GL to you - I won't respond to anymore of your messages - to me you are not the type of player that is able to improve nor expand your knowledge beyond your own simple beliefs. Good day - and good bye.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Back in the days I was playing with 6 over to 9 tables at the same time, now I rather have like 3 max. It depends ofc how much I invest in those.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey LFC - you have some issues bubba.

I can count - I can run 6+ MTT tables at the same time easy - without distractions - and so can a LOT of other profitable players. Its unfortunate you can not.
Just because you can not - does not mean other players are unable to. Your own limitations in ability does not mean other players are unable to do things you can not.

Secondly I'm not deceiving anyone. You are deceiving yourself if you think your own personal limitations are the same as others.

GL to you - I won't respond to anymore of your messages - to me you are not the type of player that is able to improve nor expand your knowledge beyond your own simple beliefs. Good day - and good bye.

I am absolutely healthy and have no problems.. You're wrong again when you talk about me... Lol....
I can play 10 tables at the same time and not be distracted from the game, the conversation is not about that... You are inattentive every time, you skip words or invent new words ... :( You take a segment from my message, quote it, but do not speak to the main meaning of my message... Your hands are itching just to write something...

I can't, you can't, not one player in the world can't do, what I wrote in the previous post! No champion, no one else!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Playing more, than 2 tables will negatively affect any player, because it is physically impossible to evaluate so much information at the same time and somewhere you will play poorly and make mistakes...
This comment is based upon what information? Is this based upon your experience? Because I can assure you that this is much different from MANY others. Good MTT players online will play many tables... even High Stakes players are playing 6 tables (if not many more). Winning 'regs' are often playing 20 tournaments simultaneously and a dozen tables is nothing for them.
With experience and practice things can change. What once seemed insurmountable becomes very simple. (I can recall when playing more than 2 tables at a time seemed impossible but today if I were to play less than 6 I would be too bored to play).
fwiw, when I play ZOOM, FastForward, SPEED, SNAP, BLITZ cash tables online, I play 4-tables at a time but at times I've worked that up to playing 6... & even 9. (playing 9 tables of zoom-style poker tends to help make playing 4 tables feel very 'normal' & standard.

I can't, you can't, not one player in the world can't do, what I wrote in the previous post! No champion, no one else!

Actually I'd suggest that every single player online who is winning in the longrun with a decent sample size is playing multiple tables. Lowstakes MTT players play upwards of 20 tables.