maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
What is best strategy to use in a multi flight tournament?

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It seems to me that a multi flight tournament is just another way to schedule, splitting the time instead of playing too many hours in sequence.
However, you should pay attention to some details. For example, if the tournament allows you to reentry once per flight, you will have another chance of going into Day 2.
Also, in general, multi flight tournaments end Day 1 without reaching the bubble, but I believe that an "imaginary bubble" is formed in everyone's mind, specially if it's a big tournament with fish/recreational players and there are no more re-entries available. Most people will try to survive into Day 2. If you have a big stack, you can try to press these players.
But for the most part, I believe it can be played as a regular tournament.

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
I get you, lets say there are 3 multi day events running everyday until the final day, when is it best to register for this tourney, in terms of number of players, should i register when there are many players or few? Bearing in mind that whatever you finish with in day 1 is what you are going to continue with in day 2
It seems to me that a multi flight tournament is just another way to schedule, splitting the time instead of playing too many hours in sequence.
However, you should pay attention to some details. For example, if the tournament allows you to reentry once per flight, you will have another chance of going into Day 2.
Also, in general, multi flight tournaments end Day 1 without reaching the bubble, but I believe that an "imaginary bubble" is formed in everyone's mind, specially if it's a big tournament with fish/recreational players and there are no more re-entries available. Most people will try to survive into Day 2. If you have a big stack, you can try to press these players.
But for the most part, I believe it can be played as a regular tournament.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I based my first answer referring to an online tournament. In a live event, it depends too much on the field and the general type of players. For example, if the tournament is formed by professionals, it is possible that in the first days they play without any fear of being eliminated, because they can try again, specially if the prizepool is attractive. It is possible that some professionals play more loose if they have a small stack in the first day, and they don't like the idea of having a small stack on Day 2, because being eliminated they can re-enter. But I don't think that this is a rule, but an exception. I only see top players doing that.
If I can afford just 1 buy-in, I think I would play the 1st flight normally.
Other thing to have in mind is other side events that may be in progress. So having many options you can choose the best day for you.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get you, lets say there are 3 multi day events running everyday until the final day, when is it best to register for this tourney, in terms of number of players, should i register when there are many players or few? Bearing in mind that whatever you finish with in day 1 is what you are going to continue with in day 2
Depends on your preference. Obviously, Day 2 have fewer players than Day1 but average stack is much higher than Day 1.