Are mtt's a good way to build a bank roll from $30?

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on what game type you are better at. The biggest thing is to have good bankroll management and only risk 1-5% of your bankroll at a time so that you don't have to worry about if you lose.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The main thing is to choose the discipline that you like the most. If you are playing MTT confidently and you like this kind of tournament, then play MTT. $ 30 is of course a small bankroll, but I think if you play correctly and have luck, you can win good money with $ 30. I wish you good luck and patience in your achievements.

Flight777sem

Flight777sem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the mtt’s are the best way to built a bankroll. Sure it is different for every player, personally i mostly make money from tournaments instead of other games. Just analyze your game , find what is best for you and keep playing that game with discipline.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all, nice thread, in my opinion it depends how good you are , lol sounds easy ,
but I have played some $0.25 buyin PLO , maybe 6 of them and won 2 , $8 each ,
and a $1 buy PLO , maybe 4 of them and won 1 , $64 ... so it's possible , however sometimes some practice is best, I have played lots of NL and 2 PLO freerolls ,
some NL freerolls have great 1st - 3rd prizes , $13+ , so at times you can cash well in the more lucrative freerolls and then bankroll any mtt or cash games ,
what I used to do when I was very short bankroll was to play cash games and win minimum to entry to smallest tourney and leave the table and go play mtt :p
. I hope you do well and gain anything from any of our comments :)

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello there,
Not long ago I decided to get back into playing poker on pokerstars.... deposited 10 bucks and within that night I was broke just a real bad run in cash games... I'm wondering with my next deposit of 30 bucks is it worth while to take to the micro mtt's... like the 0.55 cent 1k gtd and 1.5k gtd and similar ones... any input or advice would be nice

It's difficult, but not impossible. Play the lowest stakes and very tight. Take advantage of very bad players.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In your situation it's better to play micro cash and 6-max or 9-max SNG. When your bankroll will be more then 100$ you can start play 1$ MTT. And you will see what type of game is better for you.

Zzzms

Zzzms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, yes.
In fact it may be the only way for me to do it, mtt's that is.
My point is whatever your best game is, play that and play that exclusively until you've got the swing of things and are consistantly profitable.