MTT Worth

haggethiago

haggethiago

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
How can I analyze if a tournament is worth playing based on the buy-in, prize pool and number of players?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
How can I analyze if a tournament is worth playing based on the buy-in, prize pool and number of players?
As you may know, variance plays a major part in tournaments. If the field is large (thousands of players) it is less likely that you'll win the tournament or even make ITM.

Games that have less players usually have a higher buy-in. In theory the likelihood of having a good score is better with less participants but only if your skill level is the same or better when compared to your opponents.

In other words, it is very hard to give you a solid advice. Game selection is a skill that you develop when you have played for some time and recognized the level where you are comfortable at.

One advice I can give. Stay away from turbos and hypers. Blinds grow so fast that the game forces you to make poor decisions.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends what you are looking for obviously. There are also other variables to consider like if the tournaments has bounties, and how fast or slow the structure is. If for instance a tournament typically lasts around 7 hours, then you obviously need to be able and ready to potentially play for that long.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep you can look for overlay.

(10 players pay 1$ and you can win 15$ after late reg.) thats + 5$ (- rake )

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the bigger the prize pool+ the fewer the players = the better the tournament, buy in is relatif to your bankroll