E

emzadii

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi sharks,

I wonder what you all think the microstakes MTT strategy is against these particularly notorious villains I'm lately encountering more and more. Their PFR is 90%+ (not the min-raises, mind you, but the ~11x variety :eek:), 3bet% 100% :confused:, flop bet 100% :cool: (potbet mostly), raise flop bet 100% :eek: (again, potbet), fold-to-flop-raise :eek: 0%, turn bet 100% :eek: (potbet). Agg+sticky+station+donkey+maniac.

This goes on throughout the duration of the tournament, not just early stages or mid stages or late stages or at the final table (one even won a tournament this way).

Obviously, they are gambling, or their fold/call button doesn't work preflop and on the flop (attn: dev), but this is their default strategy and they won't stop even after they got stacked multiple times (I myself doubled my stack thru one such villain with my AA and QQ and A5s). While it's nice to have a banker at the table generously throwing away chips, the man is extremely aggressive, and you just can't keep waiting for hands that can go to showdown with him.

Sure, if he gets lucky (raised preflop 9x UTG1 with 85o during mid-stage and then called 3bet all-in AQs 80bb effective stack, and caught the 8), then well he gets lucky, what can you do. But absent of good hands, with blinds increasing, and pots going multiway coz people are also joining to play against his wide range, how do you play/fight/survive?

Thanks!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play tighter ranges, call down lighter when you hit a good piece of the board, don't try to bluff them out of pots, value bet the heck out of them when you hit strong, and hope your hands hold.

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a situation in which you're surrounded by hyper aggressive villains, I'd say it's best to just have the nuts.

Tighten up.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against such players, only a very tight strategy of the game helps, it is useless to bluff against them, even on a Broadway board, having a small pair on their hands, they will still call any of your bets.
Also, do not forget that the fish also come with strong hands.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play with these. There are players on the forum who play at the beginning of the tournament a llin always. And I always want to get to this table and take his chips. It doesn't always work out.

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are a lot of such players on micro-limits