mtt results from a year of playing poker

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this obviously isn't my first year of poker, it's just a year since i started playing again during the covid-19 lockdown. i decided to reset my stats, start fresh with a $25.00 deposit, and see how i could do.

overall, i don't think the results are anything amazing. i think it's ok for a mediocre player, but nothing special. i do have a positive roi, but it's also a low volume of mtts, so i'm not going to give it too much credit. still lacking confidence in my game, but pretty comfortable in being able to do decently in the smaller buy-in mtts, as long as i stay within the $2.20 max buy-in range.

for some positivity, here are a few things i like about my results:

-58% of my final table results are top 3 finishes
-25% of my final table results are mtt wins
-currently averaging a final table 1/11 mtts

a year of poker

Last edited by a moderator:
Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you going to keep statistics here? And you decided to start with a $ 25 bankroll ? Be sure to write about your success. Good luck to you bro!:icon_bigs

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you going to keep statistics here? And you decided to start with a $ 25 bankroll ? Be sure to write about your success. Good luck to you bro!:icon_bigs
not going to keep any stats updates on here, just wanted to share my 1 year results. i did start with a $25.00 deposit. i had a couple hundred to start a bankroll with, but i always deposit the minimum. that way if i need to reload, i can and if i don't, i can use the rest of the money for something else.

thank you. good luck to you, too.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many player MTTs?

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the main thing is for your bankroll to grow steadily. For me personally, increasing my bankroll is the best statistic.

phoenixKK

phoenixKK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I don't think you are a mediocre player,maybe you are just nervous my friend.You are an excellent player.Believe in yourself.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Your picture link didn't work for me, but seeing your general stats, those are some pretty good numbers. Especially if the majority of your events are in the 80+ player pool, getting to the final table that frequently, regardless of the stakes, is impressive.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your picture link didn't work for me, but seeing your general stats, those are some pretty good numbers. Especially if the majority of your events are in the 80+ player pool, getting to the final table that frequently, regardless of the stakes, is impressive.
oh, shoot. i may have accidentally deleted it when i was clearing out my imgur folder. thanks for letting me know, i'll ask a mod to update the original post.

here is a link to my results.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many player MTTs?
according to sharkscope, my mtts averaged 305 players. but that's pretty skewed as there was a nearly month long freeroll event that had 1000s of players per game. I think my actual average is between 150-225 players.

i also late register into all my mtts, usually when i have ~15-20 bbs starting but i've don't last second late registrations with 8-12 bbs starting. by that time, usually more than 50-65% of the field is gone, so the actual number of opponents i have to get through is much lower.

Last edited:
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the main thing is for your bankroll to grow steadily. For me personally, increasing my bankroll is the best statistic.
it's a pretty slow and steady growth, and will continue to be. i don't plan on playing higher than $2.20 mtts except for maybe the occasional $3.30 mtts during a big event series, but no higher than that.