• We would love to hear your thoughts! Click here to take a short survey on your CardsChat experience: Rate Your CardsChat Experience

Forum members receive 10 VIP Chips for participating (follow instructions on form).

mtt help needed

Gallinho

Gallinho

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing poker for a while now and i do quite well mostly playing single table sng's (mainly short handed), heads up matches and low limit cash games but whenever i venture into mtt's i do terrible. In the sng's i like to play agressive and try and mix up my play and it seems to work and i feel in control but in a mtt i feel lost, i've tried playing really tight and then being agressive when i catch a hand but i find it hard to accumulate chips that way. I've tried playing looser than i usually do aswell but that doesn't seem to work either. What i usually find is that i don't build my stack quick enough and then as the blinds increase i'm forced all in with hands that i'm not really happy going all in with but i have to. i usually bust out half way through a tourny mostly because of my inability to build a sizeable stack. I really want to improve my mtt play and any advice would be gratefully recieved

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go to the aticles secion of the forum, you may just find what your looking for.