waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Obviously in large tournaments there comes a time when tables become emptier and others are fuller. With this people are moved across from one table to another. What usually determines this? I guess an algorithm online would work out automatically how to evenly distribute the chips but in live poker how is this worked out. Has anyone ever had to do this?

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I was the Tournament Director at our local Pub games and had to keep records of the players score board, put out the tables and chips every week, and generally make all the decisions when there were disputes, One of my jobs was to condense the tables when it was appropriate and switch players around.

Generally it was easy with only 2 or 3 tables going, keeping them balanced by moving the player on the next big blind, that way he might gain a spot or two on another table but still be eligible to post when his turn came, after all moving a player who had already posted the BB on one table, might have to Post it again on another table, and that would be unfair.

So the rule was the SB and BB were safe from being moved and stayed at their seats, and the player who was UTG moved to another table,

kosha_

kosha_

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't really like being moved, so it's not always possible to change the sex of the game, adapt to other players.

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I was the Tournament Director at our local Pub games and had to keep records of the players score board, put out the tables and chips every week, and generally make all the decisions when there were disputes, One of my jobs was to condense the tables when it was appropriate and switch players around.

Generally it was easy with only 2 or 3 tables going, keeping them balanced by moving the player on the next big blind, that way he might gain a spot or two on another table but still be eligible to post when his turn came, after all moving a player who had already posted the BB on one table, might have to Post it again on another table, and that would be unfair.

So the rule was the SB and BB were safe from being moved and stayed at their seats, and the player who was UTG moved to another table,
That’s a great insight. There isn’t a lot of poker around by me so I might try and set something up myself like this. I remember doing a 2 table tournament in my house 15 years ago with friends from college. I’d love to do that again.