Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
not all hands are won by bluffing so you can't judge you just need to know when to bluff and when you don't need to after how you know who you need and who you shouldn't against you will win more bluff hands and become a better player but it's better not to always do this

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree that you can't passively play and wait only for premium hands, but too many bluffs are even worse !!! For this, in poker there is such a thing as a position !!! From late position, you can expand your range, respectively, from different positions, the range narrows !!!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Bluffing is a very important tool in the game! As you referred most of the hands don't win. So the only way is to persuade the opponents that you have a very good hand! This can be done with the help of psychology and bluffing!

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
What do you think ?
I think that you are considering any continuation bet as a bluff when you don't connect.

Sometimes if you have a strong hand, let's say AK, you raise and a tight player calls. You know that he usually do that with strong hands too, AQ,-AT for example.
Then the flop has only low cards. If you assigned the correct range to your opponent, and if he hasn't any pair in his hand, you still have the better hand, so is it bluffing or just defending your hand?

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you are considering any continuation bet as a bluff when you don't connect.

Sometimes if you have a strong hand, let's say AK, you raise and a tight player calls. You know that he usually do that with strong hands too, AQ,-AT for example.
Then the flop has only low cards. If you assigned the correct range to your opponent, and if he hasn't any pair in his hand, you still have the better hand, so is it bluffing or just defending your hand?
defending our range ,not hand
we defend our entire range, by disguising it with a small Cbet
The small flop cbet 1-1.5 BB's is supposed to exploit over folders
gain extra BB's from a villians A10 KQ flop float
also to provide a point in which our villian can reshove set and pairs on us
,for as cheap a getaway as we can get
by continuation betting 1bb or 1.5 you get to bet with almost 100% of your range
bettting bigger= less frequency of cbeting with your range

P

plusia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
good players win more pots by bluffing. Because they know at what point to bluff

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Of course, the bluff will always be present, but to what extent? It depends on each player, I have seen players that seem to have been born, live and die bluffing and there is another that does not do as much for many reasons, but I find it difficult to answer if most are won or not that way.

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
What do you think ? For me the answer is yes... that makes you different from everyone, because anyone plays with cards, and I believe that you can't just wait for the best cards, like AA AK KK.
Obviously sometimes they go wrong... but it's necessary! If you do well you can win a tournament thanks to that. I share this because I had an experience recently. A very big mistake of mine!
Strong hands make you win a tournament, weak hands you have to know how to play to be profitable, but bluffing to win a manic-style tournament doesn't make any sense.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While bluffing is part of the game it not the game. bluffing when done smartly can be valuable but if not done smartly or done to ofton will cost you more than you win in the end. If a player picks up your bluffing they can and will use it against you.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
No is the correct answer to the question “all games or most games are won by bluffing”

Bluff will lead you along as a tool, like many other such things as value betting.

So bluffing helps a lot in a poker game.

A lot of good sized pots are also lost due to bluffing your hand.
As a player is slow playing your bluff will make you believe that he has nothing until that player hits you hard at the River.

So caution ⚠️ is a must too.

Most big stacks will bluff/bully their way up, until they get caught to a Slow play and lose a big chunk.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Very unlikely that you will be successful in the long term if you believe that in, study a little and it will change that thinking quickly. Keep with you that most of the wins are with valuable hands, with real gambling and betting. The bluff you will eventually use with care, caution. Take the CardChat course as soon as possible, you'll have better notions now.

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it will depend on the story you tell, and if there is a possible game that increases your game

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
You can't win some hands without bluffing, but bluffing can be your last bet in the tournament 😀

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is not true ! bluff, of course, is present - but the main factors are your and your opponent's stack, or position, or bubble, or prize money, and in the end, the status of the tournament itself and its buy-in

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I win most hands on good cards, not bluffing like other players do.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not true. Cards still win most hands. Bluffing is just an artifact of the game. Players online play the cards. Play live & bluffing becomes an art! :)

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think anything is possible in poker but I think even if you just rely on bluffing, you won't be successful for very long. On the one hand, you also have to know how and when to bluff and if you do it too often they will recognize you as a bluffer and then your bluffs will also be ineffective because no one will believe you

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands