Mistake or bad luck?

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel this ended up being some bad luck on the river for you. You had top pair plus an open-ended straight draw. You were currently leading and the only card that could beat you was one of the two remaining Queens on the river. I would have played it the same way and felt a little disgusted at how it all played out but understand that's part of the variance of the game.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mistake?

I'm not sure what your normal strategy is, however, I think your original call and then recall of a reraise were definitely errors. Your hand at best preflop is a 58% favourite against one player this drops to 30% against three. Even though after the turn you looked good, but by my playing strategy you shouldn't have even been in the hand...too much emphasis on the button and not enough on your odds. Only my opinion and you know what they say about opinions they are like A Holes, everyone has one" lol:):)

M

Mr_RichRich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in fact the whole hand was incorrectly played.
1st. you called having unconnected King high with bad kicker pre flop.
2nd. you chased your straight draw on flop by calling one/third of your stake.
3rd. you risked your whole chips on the turn by calling a naked king on a flush drawing board.
4th. you didn't respect your opponent hand when he raised preflop on two players having position on him.
5th. your opponent can have easy A's or easy better King than you or even an easy set postflop .
But maybe you where multitabling and that gives you an excuse.:D
GL for next game;)

Last edited:
C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An interesting thought, I will check. But what did you do if you have QQ on SB at this moment? He did everything to force you to fold, but you were stubborn.
As I said already, for me this line of villains play in freeroll often means bluff.
If I have not notes on him.

I think you could call and go all in on the flop and you have chance that opponent fold.
I sat at the final table today. a couple of queens came to the joy, I raised. I was reraised. I'm going all in. I see AK, river A. Should I have thrown queens preflop?

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
terrible play its just a fishy play, luck had nothing to do with this, stop being result oriented

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vs the CO's open we can alternate between a fold and 3bet I dont like the call it was definitely mistake, after the SB's squeeze well its just a clear fold, on the flop facing SB's cbet it was a shove with a high frequency repping sets and targeting is AK mainly, calling is not okay because its gonna leave you with 0.6 spr going to the turn with just an OESD no BDFD and one over in a squeeze pot its not a spot I wanna be, turn call I think is okay but not good its barely +ev almost breaking even.