belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I usually don't look that closely at my numbers. This is what todays looks like, I'm wondering if this is normal for such a large discrepancy between them and if so why?
Untitled
could a hand like this have something to do with it:p
Poker Stars - $1.00+0.20 Tournament (#380613332) - Blinds: 100/200 No Limit Hold'em (5 players)
Poker Stars Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com
SB Hero: t3,865
BB: t4,040
UTG: t840
CO: t1,310
BTN: t3,445
Pre-flop: (t300) Hero is SB and dealt :qd4: :qh4:
UTG raises to t840 (All-in), CO raises to t1,310 (All-in), BTN folds, Hero calls t1,210, BB folds
Flop: (t3,660) :2s4: :7s4: :2c4: (3 players)
Turn: (t3,660) :2s4: :7s4: :2c4: :2h4: (3 players)
River: (t3,660) :2s4: :7s4: :2c4: :2h4: :2d4: (3 players)

Last edited:
L

lol_username

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a bit long...

I think I'm going about this [returning to poker] the wrong way. My BR took a pretty big hit the past couple of days because I tried to back into the groove of things right where I left off before I went on an uber-long break. I tried to jump back right into multi-tabling Turbo SNGs and expecting to do well. Sure, even though I'm rolled for the games and majority of players are super soft, I found a bunch of leaks in my HHs that I went over as personal evaluation. I guess my reaction, thinking, and analysis isn't as sharp as it used to be. Some of it is on just bad luck/variance, but also some really poor decisions that I have been making.

I think I just wanted to restart playing poker with a grand entrance (for ego boosting purposes) and instead, I blew away about 30% of the BR trying to get back into a game and style of play that I haven't done in a long time and was just way to unfamiliar with.

So, I could either blow the BR trying to make something happen or accept that I'm not where I was almost a year ago and I just need to get back into basics, into the swing of things, and let the 'mojo' all come. I really did rush into this blindly and I hit a brick wall.

Lessoned learned. I'm dropping down to the $1, regular 9 handed SNGs. This is where I started and I think I'll feel most comfortable here. I know rake is killer, but I have rakeback for FTP and I don't plan on staying at the $1 tables very long. So, it's a small sacrifice for greater gains in the future.

Lesson learned. And I talk too much.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Because the majority of the time, they do. Unless you have some reason to suspect this player might be better than the average (multitabling, having poker terminology in their name, HUD stats etc) then we just treat them like an average bad player until they prove otherwise.

With your rationale of treating everyone like they are good, i'd wager that we are passing up on a ton of spots we should be taking on more often than not.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don't look that closely at my numbers. This is what todays looks like, I'm wondering if this is normal for such a large discrepancy between them and if so why?

I'm not really sure, if it's just a day it's just an aberration. However, the thing about adjusted EV doesn't account for anywhere close to the total amount of luck involved in SNG's and tournaments, so I don't like to look at it :)

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm not really sure, if it's just a day it's just an aberration. However, the thing about adjusted EV doesn't account for anywhere close to the total amount of luck involved in SNG's and tournaments, so I don't like to look at it :)
so i should never look at it again and wonder why ...yes it was just yesterday lol

MuscleMan76

MuscleMan76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Umm... Family Guy is on, so i guess I'm done for the month.

Finished +$50 plus a free book or two.
Much better than February, looking forward to April.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just looked back at the start of the thread and realised I didn't even bother to make my usual goals for this month.

Which means I don't need to report that my gains at the $6s and $11s didn't offset my losses in $22s and PLO.

Oh... I kinda did just report that, huh...

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not even close to the 600 games goal (364)

Drop in buyin, drop in tables, pretty much was my worst month since April 2010

Glad is gone.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
March goals for me:

Play 50 SNG's
Increase number of tables (now very comfortable with 2 so push to 3, maybe 4)
>10% ROI
Finally finish HoH
Start at least 1 hand history thread and contribute to others

Modest compared to sum (3k SNG - wow) but I have a job, girlfriend, son etc!

Good luck to all for the month

Not too bad in terms of achievements. Only got 4% ROI aftyer a great start, nig downswing and a great upswing finish. Finished HoH v2 and am now on v 3 which is the workbook - quite interesting reading even if I don't agree with all of Mr Harrington's assessments (like I am one to criticise a wsop main event winner...)